AK Rifles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about making a Soviet AKM clone out of one of these. I once saw one at a show and it had a black finish that is close to the Russians. Who has one and do you have pics?

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
WhiteRabbit said:
I'm thinking about making a Soviet AKM clone out of one of these. I once saw one at a show and it had a black finish that is close to the Russians. Who has one and do you have pics?
i don't even know what a WUM is. :goof:

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
I have one of the straight cut reciever WUM 1s, the fit and finish is very good for a Romanian AK. The WUM 1 has a phosphate finish, the Russian AKM has paint over park.

Your best bet for a Russian AKM clone,.................find an Egyptian Maadi ARM. It'll be alot easier to find than a straight cut reciever WUM 1 :wink:

My WUM 1 with Romy sidefolder and Israeli tritium sights.

·
Super Moderator
10,310 Posts
Main problems with WUM's as a donor for a Russian AKM clone is going to be the optics mount. The WUM rifles used a modified PSL mount that sits higher and more forward than later mounts. I with the others in seeking out a MAADI AKM for a donor rifle.

·
Registered
418 Posts
some of them have the selector hole in a differnet spot so they have a goofy and huge looking selector. a few even had the front sight on backwards for some reason.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts