AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, new to the site and i am looking for assistance. I just recently purchased a romanian wasr 10 and am having no luck at finding out the date that it was manufactured. any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8,029 Posts
Unfortunately those markings won't tell us.

The "81" is likely the date that the parts are from - taken from a demilled military rifle. I've seen this on many WASR 10/63 rifles - kind of surprised this one is not marked 10/63 but perhaps it was assembled prior to Century coining that term.

When Century shipped them the box often, but not always had a date on it. Perhaps you could contact Century.

I'm guessing it was imported in the 2005-2009 time period. The electro-pen import mark font matches the style used on other Century imports in that time frame.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
If you purchased the gun new, there should be a white paper tag 12" x 1" attached to the trigger guard. The date Century hogged out the magwell, & added US trigger parts will be on that tag. GARY

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Never seen one marked like that Not even close to the older 10/63s as far trunnion markings.
No Arsenal stamping on the front trunnion so my guess its a model that has come out in the last few years.
All the 10/63s I have had have the arsenal stamps and the full year date.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
I would say your WASR was made late 2004 to early 2006. My first WASR has the same
hand written etching and it was made in late 2004....FYI

1 - 9 of 9 Posts