AK Rifles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for one of the Romy side mounting plates:

http://www.avtomats-in-action.com/pro19.html

You can see it if you scroll down to the pic with the left side of the AK and a bayo in it as well. I know these must be available somewhere I just can't seem to find Romy ones. I know Tantal has one that is a close match but I would rather get a real Romy one.

Also I am still looking for one of the Romy straight folders if anybody knows where these are (I know this is a pipe dream but I thought I would ask anyway)...my Draco is about to get a makeover once the feds send me back my stamp.

http://securityarms.com/20010315/galler ... 0/1819.htm

Hooah,
Keith

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I agree,Tantal would be your best bet for the rail. The side folder pictured requires a special trunion specific to that stock. Similar to a Amd side folder but the buttplate folds parallel to the receiver.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I was unable to locate a Romanian side rail when I did my Romanian build. They are what comes on WASR rifles and it's ironic that WASR's are so common but just the Romanian side rail by itself is not. The closest thing Tantal has is the Byelorussian side rail which isn't Romanian at all of course, but at least it matches the AKM rivet pattern (the rear most rivet on the side rail goes through the rear trunnion) which would allow you to use the Romanian rear trunnion. I ended up going with a Russian side plate for use in upgrading existing/already built rifles - it rivets to the receiver only and not the trunnion. Kalinka optics and Centerfire systems have them. Your other option would be to use an AK-74 rear trunnion and a Bulgarian or other AK-74 rivet pattern side rail.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am currently adding a side rail to my rommy g.

I purchased the rail from tickbitesupply.com it cost about $10.

I have managed to tap the three holes in the rail and I'm in the process of drilling the holes in the reciever.

·
Registered
821 Posts
You only need to tap the 2 holes on the side plate. You dont need to tap the middle hole.

I've mounted 6 side plates and not one did I use 3 screws, I did put a dab of JB weld under the plate and a dab of red lock tight on the screw.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts