AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, new here as of today. Couldn't decide which gun I wanted to buy but I recently fell in love with the SAR-1 and now I need one. The problem is, I'm having a very hard time finding one for sale. Can anybody help?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just prefer the furniture and the minor differences on the SAR-1. After seeing a WASR in person I don't prefer it, I rather save my money than buy a WASR

·
Registered
553 Posts
Seems like there's a rash of SAR1 FEVER going around.
You, op, are like the fourth person this week I've seen searching for a SAR1.
THey are definitely a nice piece. I've considered selling mine off a few times to fund other related items but always seem to sleep on it and change my mind the next morning. :eek:

It's just soooo purty.

Attachments

·
Registered
155 Posts
I got the sar on ak files, it was NIB unfired which I got for 700 shipped. The stock set came from Gypsy Danger over on there as well. I got a Russian akm slant brake, had the barrel threaded 14x1, and how you see it now is how it sits, and how it will stay. The wasr I won on proxibid for 550 from Sullivans fall firearm auction sale. After shipping and internet premium/transfer fee, I think I was around $650 for that, and I got the reverse dong from a files member.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Sar-1 all the way. Can't get past wasr and early saigas with no mag dimples, just looks totally wrong. People would spend a lot of money getting dimples pressed in. Ted Marshall was really good at it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah honestly the dimples are the main thing keeping me from getting a WASR. That and I just think they look cheap compared to the SAR-1

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
Welcome to the group!

Check Gunbroker as SAR-1s pop up there every now and then.

Local gun shows are pot luck but every now and then you do get lucky at one and find what you are looking for.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Good deals on SAR-1s if you find the right seller. Armslist has a dozen and if you are in the area... awesome cause people don't really like to ship. Picked one up last night off of GunBroker.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I got the sar on ak files, it was NIB unfired which I got for 700 shipped. The stock set came from Gypsy Danger over on there as well. I got a Russian akm slant brake, had the barrel threaded 14x1, and how you see it now is how it sits, and how it will stay. The wasr I won on proxibid for 550 from Sullivans fall firearm auction sale. After shipping and internet premium/transfer fee, I think I was around $650 for that, and I got the reverse dong from a files member.
You beat me to it on AKFiles :D

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Ill take a sar1 everyday with those mag dimples!!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts