AK Rifles banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that the new romy drums are copys of the chinese drums and are considered postban but what happened to the preban romys, soviet copy, drums that used to be sold? Curious. :evil: Mad Max son of Madtechcool :animak:

· Registered
3,540 Posts
I think that most people want the Chinese style. Thus the manufacturers listen to the people and make back loading drums. However, I like the soviet style better as well. I wish there was a source for cheap ones

· Registered
307 Posts
Madtechcool said:
I know that the new romy drums are copys of the chinese drums and are considered postban but what happened to the preban romys, soviet copy, drums that used to be sold? Curious. :evil: Mad Max son of Madtechcool :animak:
I know one importer still has them available, but they cost quite a bit more to buy than the new made Romanian drum (Chinese pattern)..

APEX Gun Parts has the Romanian issue Soviet type drums in stock::

https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_in ... ucts_id/81

Magazine AK47 75rd Drum w/pouch $150.00

Original Romanian made AK47 75rd drum magazine. Very good condition with an original Romanian drum pouch. These are the best and strongest design of drum magazine. Originally designed by the Russians for use with the RPK, they tilt forward at a slight angel for shooting from a prone position with a bipod. They load through the top with the aid of a cocking handle for relieving the tension on the follower. The only drum magazine used by the Russians and other European countries. Will fit any high capacity AK variant on the US market.

https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_in ... ucts_id/81

· Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Our first drum was this style but dad picked up 4 of the chinese drums for their collectability even traded the romy for one of the chinese even up. I always thought that the early romys were built heavier and sturdier than the chinese at least the metal was thicker. If they were both dropped from the same distance you can tell which would be damaged first. Just my opinion anyway and everyone has there own. :evil: Mad Max son of Madtechcool :animak:

· Registered
3,540 Posts
Madtechcool said:
Our first drum was this style but dad picked up 4 of the chinese drums for their collectability even traded the romy for one of the chinese even up. I always thought that the early romys were built heavier and sturdier than the chinese at least the metal was thicker. If they were both dropped from the same distance you can tell which would be damaged first. Just my opinion anyway and everyone has there own. :evil: Mad Max son of Madtechcool :animak:
I agree with you , and that is why I don't like the Chinese drums. I believe they were made for the commercial market and were never fielded in any military

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.