AK Rifles banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 186 Posts

·
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

I plan on making a visually identical copy of the AIMR left folding crutch stock.

I feel I'm far enough along into this project to see what level of interest there is.

Certain parts require heat treat while others do not and I plan on parkerizing all parts.

This will include EVERYTHING including Stock, Trunnion, Latch, Spring, Hinge Pin, Roll Pin

Additionally the parts will be stamped US or JMAC in inconspicuous areas so it can be counted as a 922 compliance part and to prevent someone from passing it off as an original.

Only thing I'm concerned with is cost as this is more expensive to duplicate than I expected.

I want to know how many are interested and the absolute maximum you would pay, I can then determine whether production of this stock is feasible.

Please post below how many you would want and a maximum price you would pay, obviously the more I make the cheaper I can sell them for and if only 25 people are interested they would be way too expensive to make and sell IMO.

Here are some pictures of the original stock that I will be duplicating.

Thanks,
Justin

As soon as they are ready this is the order I will follow for the discount on the first 25. I will go down the list and if they/you are not interested the discount will go to the next person.

The List Per Time Stamp;

1 - schultze- Received Contact Information
2 - Ol'Sarge2K- Received Contact Information
3 - CGSteve
4 - AKSOG
5 - Horse
6 - Soviet7.62Gunner
7 - 7n6
8 - NORTEXED
9 - RavageRitual ($200)
10 - Nathan- Received Contact Information
11 - 762X39nut (OUT)
12 - rzdvcc ($200)
13 - TJBender
14 - homie
15 - instag8tr- Received Contact Information
16 - Lord AK-47
17 - swizz- Received Contact Information
18 - Irierider- Received Contact Information
19 - arctic2- Received Contact Information
20 - V79
21 - pogi
22 - Gator
23 - Dawg180 ($200)
24 - SVDS
25 - Ruger988- Received Contact Information
26 - Pontiacbird93
27 - jreifsch80
28 - mikeanthony6
29 - CC007- Received Contact Information
30 - Billdozer77- Received Contact Information
31 - 22many
32 - gowking- Received Contact Information
33 - genocide666- Received Contact Information
34 - jmau8385

·
Registered
394 Posts
If you could make them for around $250-$300 each I would take one. If you could make them for $150-$200 or less I would take two. I hope you go and make these but you know what will happen as soon as you get them done someone will import originals for $99. That is how it works. A couple years ago there was a original stock on GB that went for over $400.
aimr.jpg

·
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont see these being imported in enough quantity to sell for $99... These weren't mass produced for many years like the Wire Folding Stock and I would be surprised if more than 1000 ever existed. Even the wire folding stock commands $99

The trunnion itself adds a lot to the cost as it requires many machining operations and occupies a good bit of time on the CNC.

If you could make them for around $250-$300 each I would take one. If you could make them for $150-$200 or less I would take two. I hope you go and make these but you know what will happen as soon as you get them done someone will import originals for $99. That is how it works. A couple years ago there was a original stock on GB that went for over $400.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
I'm in for one. Maximum $300. Thanks for doing this Brother!

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
That stock is the sole reason I never bought one of those rifles. If you can make one and keep it under $300, I'm in.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Echo

If the whole thing is $300 you have our attention.

$200 for the non-collectors would be ideal. Shoot for $199 street price and see if the numbers crunch.

·
Banned
950 Posts
I'll buy one if it is an EXACT reproduction- no liberties taken with it and no billboard advertising US markings on it.

·
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The US stamps would be in a very inconspicuous Area (not visible without disassembly) and will be as exact as possible.

Last originals I saw sell on GB went for $400+ (only 50 known to exsist in the US all originally imported by Century Arms and then bought and sold by 1 individual)

Hopefully I will know more about the price next week and will update you guys.

Reactions: landser

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
The US stamps would be in a very inconspicuous Area (not visible without disassembly) and will be as exact as possible.

Last originals I saw sell on GB went for $400+ (only 50 known to exsist in the US all originally imported by Century Arms and then bought and sold by 1 individual)

Hopefully I will know more about the price next week and will update you guys.
Very cool. Standing by.

·
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Just a little update, met with the Machine Shop today, good news is they are confident they can replicate the trunnion, latch, and front part of stock to a T and were excited to do so!, bad news is they dont do stamping for the buttplate but said they could make a die for me to stamp and jig to drill the holes...

I left the parts with them today to blueprint. They were intrigued with the rear trunnion and said that it would occupy a minimum of 1 hour on a CNC with the amount of milling/drilling operations that must be performed.

The Rear Trunnion is looking like a $100 part at least...

Do you guys know someone that would take on the butt plate? Water Jet then stamped would probably be the easiest.

On an interesting side not the machinist noticed that on the bottom of the stock is a threaded hole! I just assumed it was a drain hole of sorts but it is threaded? Anyone know what this could have been used for?

Justin

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Just a little update, met with the Machine Shop today, good news is they are confident they can replicate the trunnion, latch, and front part of stock to a T and were excited to do so!, bad news is they dont do stamping for the buttplate but said they could make a die for me to stamp and jig to drill the holes...

I left the parts with them today to blueprint, and will have a pretty solid estimate in 2-3 days. They were intrigued with the rear trunnion and said that it would occupy a minimum of 1 hour on a CNC with the amount of milling/drilling operations that must be performed.

The Rear Trunnion is looking like a $100 part at least...

Do you guys know someone that would take on the butt plate? Water Jet then stamped would probably be the easiest.

On an interesting side not the machinist noticed that on the bottom of the stock is a threaded hole! I just assumed it was a drain hole of sorts but it is threaded? Anyone know what this could have been used for?

Justin
My guess was machining purposes.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Thank You for the update.

1 - 20 of 186 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.