AK Rifles banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any thoughts on the approximate value of my unfired Draco C, Romania\Cugir, 11" barrel, serial number 1968BL36XX, purchased near the end of 2010 from Centerfire, imported by CAI?

I'm the original purchaser - technically it's used, but it's in as-new, excellent condition.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Here are two that sold on GB. Neither of them mentioned the fact that the C has a underfolder rear trunnion installed and makes a SBR a breeze. Go high you will get it if patient ! I have one (parts dated1968 also) that is in very nice used condition and wouldn't sell it for less than $1000. A Draco-C will sell fast, you have a little gem💎

Century Arms Draco-C 7.62x39 11.5” 30+1 - Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com : 916981303

Romarm Draco C Mini 7.62X39 pistol - Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com : 917733504

Reactions: StreetSweeper

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, there's a difference between a Draco and a Draco-C - this thread discusses some of the differences - C Type vs Non C Type - AR15.COM - I think what'd be most attractive about the C model would be that the C model (including mine) has an underfolder trunnion that facilitates conversion to an SBR - this thread (DRACO-C Underfolder installation - AR15.COM) talks about the conversion process.

·
Banned
57 Posts
Both have underfolder rear blocks (trunnions).

Draco-C’s rear trunnion has been fully drilled for an underfolder’s mounting hardware,, but the receiver itself isn‘t drilled (needs drilled/Dremeled).

All other Draco, Mini and Micro have a virgin (undrilled) rear trunnion.
Thanks. Appreciate the info. And always good to see a fellow ODTer here.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I listed my AK pistol for sale here on The AK Forum - I'm probably optimistic on my asking price, so I'm open to realistic offers. I'd still appreciate any guidance on a realistic price - thanks again!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
When you're selling, they're priceless.
When you're buying, they're worthless.
So, something in between.

On The Google;
Reg. Draco $1000 +/- 100
MSRP $999
Draco-C
One on The GB $1250
One on Armslist $1100

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think that the main difference between my Draco-C and the Draco pistols being sold now by Century is that mine has the under folder trunnion - IF the current Century Draco pistols are really made in Romania, or just assembled here in the US with Romanian parts.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
I think that the main difference between my Draco-C and the Draco pistols being sold now by Century is that mine has the under folder trunnion - IF the current Century Draco pistols are really made in Romania, or just assembled here in the US with Romanian parts.
They both have the underfolder trunion, but the C trunion is already machined for the stock, while the standard one is not (virgin). Some like that because they can drill smaller holes through the receiver using the trunion holes as a guide, then hand work the holes larger until they just touch the trunion holes.

There are two recent Draco models. One is Romanian built and imported, the other is US made.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks very much for the clarification - someone else on this thread also responded to a PM about my trunnion question. My experience with the Draco pistols has been limited to the one that I own - and stuff I've read over the years since I bought it - now I have a much better sense of the situation.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
They make a neat SBR with the underfolder and reverse 'dong' handguard, which does narrow the market for potential buyers, but you never know.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'll keep that in mind ! I've been selling off some guns and I usually go to another site to get an idea on a fair price - I had read somewhere about the older Draco C models being special, but now I'm finding that maybe they're not THAT special - I'll probably have to adjust my price downward . . .

·
Registered
In the forest at end of a long dirt road in Ga
401 Posts
Rather than spending $200 on the SBR tax stamp and another $200 for the engraving and UF stock hardware, maybe consider simply installing a side-folding Sig Brace.. keeps more money in your pocket and there’s no NFA oversight

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Rather than spending $200 on the SBR tax stamp and another $200 for the engraving and UF stock hardware, maybe consider simply installing a side-folding Sig Brace.. keeps more money in your pocket and there’s no NFA oversight
I assume that brace mounts by drilling and tapping a hole in the rear trunion. Personally, I would avoid that. It could hurt future resale value.

I know there probably not as solid, but there are those adapters that mount under the pistol grip. US Machine Gun made one IIRC?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts