AK Rifles banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i came across a deal the other day that i couldn't pass up in that deal was a Romak SINGLE STACK I'm now looking for more mags and can't seem to find any any help would appreciated. if there is a way to convert this specific rifle i'd like to know also

·
Registered
271 Posts
To convert your rifle to accept double stack AK mags the magazine well needs to be milled out. If you have a mill, or a friend with one, it can be done. Or send it to an AK 'smith to do it for you.

·
Premium Member
2,222 Posts
Romak 991 single stack mags at Center fire .....$12.99

·
Registered
303 Posts
I believe it takes a lot more than just milling out the mag well on these. The trunnion is different and needs to be milled out also which is very tricky and the bolt is designed for single stack mag use also, but should still work with double stacks, but isn't ideal.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
if u want some mags i think i have five. lmk as i have no use for them and ill be cheaper ;)

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
To convert your rifle to accept double stack AK mags the magazine well needs to be milled out. If you have a mill, or a friend with one, it can be done. Or send it to an AK 'smith to do it for you.
Time, patience, and some flat files will accomplish the same...helps if you have a double stack gun to make a template off of too...

eta....read the other replies...lol....are these that different? Haven't looked at ine since they were new, but have converted a bunch of single stack WASRs, they only required opening the mag well...

·
Premium Member
5,017 Posts
Time, patience, and some flat files will accomplish the same...helps if you have a double stack gun to make a template off of too...

eta....read the other replies...lol....are these that different? Haven't looked at ine since they were new, but have converted a bunch of single stack WASRs, they only required opening the mag well...
typically the trunnion is single stack only. I torched one and demilled it for that very reason. Maybe one day itll be a aims74 clone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts