AK Rifles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Recently picked up a RML Maadi and have a little info on it but want to know what you guys can tell me about it before I pollute your thoughts with what the seller told me.

Serial number ES 012XX

Thanks in advance for your help!

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have a ARM with a serial number higher than that number that i got back in December of 1991 if that helps...

So this rifle is older than 1991? What does ARM stand for? Also, note that there is no production date. All markings pictured.

Sorry for the rookie questions...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am thinking late 80's production. These are Maadi stocks, but trying to get more info on them.. An info would be appreciated.

·
Technical Advisor
15,518 Posts
Looks to be a post ban. Stock may be a modified thumbhole., though they did import some solid., non-cleaning kit/trap door buttstocks as well. Pistol grip is Century. Post ban neutered and non threaded muzzle.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Here is my PARS imported RML Maadi. It is serial number ES 042XX. The factory final inspection cert. is dated 12/20/92. Yours would have been a ban model also. Mine still has the original finish and it has held up well. I threaded the barrel and added a US slant break, Tapco G2 fcg, a US pistol grip that is shiny like the black Egyptian ones, and US mag floorplates. I have US mag followers too, which I use when I have an Egyptian pistol grip on. I have a couple in black and in brown. I know the brown pistol grips are a little more rare, but I think black ones look better. It is one of my favorite AKs. I bought it new in 1993 for under $200.

A695FEEA-42C1-477D-AAEF-96A1927D9800-431-00000173544AF1CD_zps284bc224.jpg

5eec9d18.jpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts