AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This guy must really be looking for someone who does not know anything about German AK parts, a parked Rommy G kit with EG furniture at $850 :shock:

Funny his tactic is to look honest by concentrating on telling the potential buyer/sucker about the scuffs on the buttstock rather than saying this is an albeit nice, but super-inflated Rommy build-and not an EG parts kit build, total A$$bandit scumbag.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =108682596

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
:eek: Holy G
Someday...............the G might be worth something.
Ouch.
It pays to know what you are spending $$ on.

Edited my spelling :razz:

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Yeah I saw that. When I saw the listing, I thought "cool!" but then soon as I saw the pics and saw the "G" and the Romy trunnion, I thought "not cool!"

·
Registered
125 Posts
I sent the seller a message as an FYI. He is either ignorant of what he is selling or is dishonest and trying to pull one over on an uninformed buyer.

T

·
Registered
917 Posts
The seller has updated his description, in sort of a bitchy way..

[Information added 08/30/2008 6:53:04 AM]
This is a built clone of an east German MPi-KM. A Romanian parts kit was used to build the gun. I thought this would be clear to everyone out there.....however I was mistaken.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A guy I know sent him a tactful e-mail explaining the situation last night,and I guess the email response was replete with profanity and insults from the seller, that is why I came down hard on my description of him in my post.

At least he has updated it. :roll:

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
p

I saw that too & was saying to myself cool east german until i saw the rsb "g" sounds like he thought he had something.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Guys, keep in mind not every seller on the auction sites is a www.theakforum.net member or as knowledgeabe about the Kalashnikov as many here. Clone builds are going to come in a myriad of different flavors. Either ask the seller the questions you have about it via the "Ask Seller A Question" link or be a smart shopper and do your own research. From the photos, it's evident the weapon was built using a Romanian "G" kit and I don't believe the seller was being hiding it as he showed quite a lot of revealing photos of that fact. He didn't state it in the description but he also didn't say it was anything else, either. It's up to the potential buyer to ask questions and know what he's buying.

Discussing issues is one thing but slamming sellers on the auctions for not having the kind of detail we, as Subject Matter Experts, expect to see in their descriptions is getting kind of old. The auction sites are like car lots. Unless they're outwardly committing fraud, sellers' descriptions will be as exacting or as vague as they'll be. Naturally, the description could've been better but it also could've been worse. If you're unsure about a rifle on an auction, ask the seller and/or ask the trained eye of folks here to check a photo out, or just pass on it and don't buy it. But we're not really doing justice to ourselves as Kalashnikov enthusiasts by being a bunch of old ladies and ripping on people/things we see that we don't like the exact wording of. We're better than that which is why this forum is the premiere place for reference of the Kalashnikov on the internet. :smile:

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
he does state that it is a clone of a german.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
It's amazing how much value a $25 stock set and 10 minutes with a dremel can make.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I take your point "Rayman1" and next time I will be more reserved, but I also like to shine a light on cockroaches when they clearly try to get over on someone. He did not stipulate it was a Romy until he was bombarded with comments, the original description was clever artifice. Everything, even an EG parts kit, is a “clone” at this point given the de-milled receivers, and barrels we have to make do with.

I had crappy dial-up connection for years and could never access this awesome site, but for the grace of God someone like me, well-versed in Mausers and Mg34s but not MPi-KMs, could have been screwed by an offering like that.

However thanks to this DSL and this site, this grasshopper has learned much. :dance:

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
To be fair... anyone who buys a rifle without doing their homework is rolling the dice anyway. It's a little on the unethical side to me, but if he sells it I can't blame him for taking the money for it.

·
Registered
579 Posts
www.Prussia.us said:
I take your point "Rayman1" and next time I will be more reserved, but I also like to shine a light on cockroaches when they clearly try to get over on someone. He did not stipulate it was a Romy until he was bombarded with comments, the original description was clever artifice. Everything, even an EG parts kit, is a “clone” at this point given the de-milled receivers, and barrels we have to make do with.

I had crappy dial-up connection for years and could never access this awesome site, but for the grace of God someone like me, well-versed in Mausers and Mg34s but not MPi-KMs, could have been screwed by an offering like that.

However thanks to this DSL and this site, this grasshopper has learned much. :dance:
I truely don't beleive he was trying to hose anyone. The closeup of the trunion is proof enough for me. If he was out to hose someone...he would have just left the first three dark distant pictures up...where no details were present. There are two forms of communication in his auction. Written and pictorial. He did communicate that it was a Romy pictorially.

·
Registered
239 Posts
And the basic problem with this gun is what? I just picked up my

East German clone from Sledgehammer.

Here is the low down on my gun. It is a Romy G kit with a Coonan NDS 3 receiver, East German furniture and compliance parts. My total cost about $600.00.

Ball park figures:

Gunsmith charges- $360 for building and finishing the gun.
Romy G kit- $112.00
NDS-3-receiver- around a $100.00
Compliance parts- about $100.00
Total to build the gun-$612.00

If the guys want oit mark an obscene profit, that is his business.

Yea $800 is a little high but he is not mis representing anything.

I don't see a problem.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
that probably was one of the kits I/O was selling years ago. 1979 dated romy's w/ EG stock sets. the two i picked up at the creek in 04 didn't have the G on the rsb.... same trunnion markings.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Great point HeartbreakRidge,

Also US Compliant parts remaining after the receiver can be had for less than $50 (FCG, Piston, slant-break) look up DPH Arms.

Build costs are all over the place $150 and up, and free if you have, or have access to, the equipment.

I am glad you are happy with your firearm GunNut1, and I presume it was done very professionally, but again (to beat this dead horse) the original post BEFORE the seller edited it was clearly deceptive in its description, a person unfamiliar with Trunnion symbols on the picture would have been rooked. Furthermore the seller responded to friendly communication with obnoxious and childish retorts BECAUSE he was mad that he got caught trying to rip someone off, also known as being a d*ck.

Shame on anyone that revels in screwing someone else over, regardless of their station in life. :roll:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts