AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
he should have mentioned that most people can't hit shit with a gun until they develop their skills over a period of time, and even then most people aren't very good shots - which you would never know if you were raised on a steady diet of hollywood bs.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Great post, I like the part in commando where AS takes an M60 with about a 20 round belt and mows down about 100 bad guys all the while not having to reload.

This might be why I like Saving Private Ryan, one of the 1st movies to have the "ping" sound a garand makes when ejecting the enblock clip.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
good read thanks! One thing annoyed me though, he kept saying bullets instead of rounds (pet peeve of mine) :goof:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Another thing I notice in movies and TV is an absence of recoil. I realize they are firing blanks but actors could be trained to simulate it.

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
It has always annoyed me when a gun is pointed at someone that it clicks. I mean, the very action of pointing a gun does not make noise.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
My pet peeve is more general. You can generally tell which actors have experience with firearms by how they handle them, how they fire them, and how they might try to simulate recoil when firing the blanks. Prime examples of this are to be found in the Sopranos. Watch Christopher and Paulie Walnuts whack someone in that series and it is abundantly obvious that the actor playing Paulie (Tony Sirico http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0802831/bio) has actual gun and organized crime experience.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
It has always annoyed me when a gun is pointed at someone that it clicks. I mean, the very action of pointing a gun does not make noise.
Yes, after waiving my gun at many individuals I still have not experienced the mystical "cla-chick" sound I see in the movies. Someday, maybe. :goof: Need moar picatinny!

·
Registered
421 Posts
.22's get pretty quiet so the guy dont really know what hes talking about there.

Thats always bugged me about comando.

However the most anoying thing is when there never a round chambered. even after they have already shot a couple times but just before the kill the main guy the gun is suddenly empty. :evil:

·
Registered
338 Posts
I do sound effects for movies and video games. I can't tell you how many times I've argued with people about why we shouldn't put in hammer cocks and other nonsense when someone points a Glock or something, but alas... I never win these arguments. Usually what happens is someone says, "Stop being so fucking literal!".

Oh well.... On a recent kinda crappy movie called Gamer that I worked on (and did all the guns, explos, and fight sounds for) there's a scene where the bad guy has a full-auto Saiga 12. At the time, I didn't know what that gun was, so I cut a layered machine gun instead of an automatic shotgun. Fast forward to a couple months ago, and I saw that folks on the Saiga 12 forum were pissed about it! That made me laugh. "Creative license" is taken all the time in my line of work, and not always because people like me don't know what it's supposed to sound like. Sometimes we can't force the powers that be to do what's correct, because they have an idea in mind that's almost never reality-based.

Sfx

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
killerofall said:
.22's get pretty quiet so the guy dont really know what hes talking about there.

Thats always bugged me about comando.

However the most anoying thing is when there never a round chambered. even after they have already shot a couple times but just before the kill the main guy the gun is suddenly empty. :evil:

So do 9mms, and a lot of other suppressed guns like purpose-built suppressed rifles (like the De Lisle carbine).

I disagree with that part, but then again, him saying that doesn't make a Gemtec any louder so oh well.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
ignorance is bliss.

every hollywood movie gets ruined for me to some extent.

what i hate the most are the unavoidable cliks every time someone simply points a gun and the unnecessary chambering of rifles and shotguns.

·
Registered
228 Posts
"That punk pulled a Glock 7 on me, you know what that is? It's a porcelain gun made in Germany. It doesn't show up on your airport metal detectors and probably costs more than what you make in a month." :bow:

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
They love racking guns--over and over. I am always yelling at the TV: "you should be ejecting live rounds!" :bullshit:

·
Registered
743 Posts
there is a scene (I think from Heat) at the end where the cops shot a guy but they're in a circle and they're all firing. That one has always bothered me.

I think its Heat, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
419 Posts
My least favorite is all the TV & Movie cops etc. that have to load their weapon when they get to the point of using their weapon. I have a name for people who travel around with out a round in the chamber, fatalities. Next would be the miss match sounds, RPG's and LAW rounds that sound like estes rockets, M-60's that sound like MG-42's et al.

One thing I do find kind of funny, mostly becouse it's so dated, is the machine gun sounds that the Germans used in their WWII news reels. In almost all of them it's the sound of a 20mm Orlicon or similar, sounds funny when you are watching an MG-42 and hearing "chunka chunka chunka"

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
The guy obviously isn't an expert; he uses the words silenced and suppressed interchangeably, leading to an incorrect conclusion.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts