AK Rifles banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't want to step on anyones toes (especially since it looks like the guys from In Range are members here), but I'm new to the AK world and custom gunsmithing/building in general and so I really don't know... but I know that In Range is building the forum rifle, so I was just wondering if there's any reviews out there of In Range's work... heck, if you In Range guys know of some write ups about you, please point me to them.

Thanks guys

·
Super Moderator
9,409 Posts
Troy Sellars of In Range does excellent work. He stands by his work and if you find anything wrong, he will make it right.

He has built at least 8 of my guns.....and has three more at his shop right now. I won't hesitate to give him my business.

KF

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
No problems with In Range,hes also done several of my builds and I too have a few at his shop.There was a write up on Troy in Small Arms Review a couple years ago.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Troy

Troy did a Bulgarian 74 for me and it is as good as it gets! I don't think you will find a better smith. Don't expect the rifle to be back in a week as he is only able to do about 15 rifles per week and lots of people want him to build rifles for them. He is building a second rifle for me now.
Good Shooting,
Sparky1 :smile:

·
Registered
698 Posts
Troy does good work. I had one rifle that had issues with and he stepped up to the plate and took it back and worked on it got it straight. I will let it be known it was a problem with a reciever that I provided to him for my build. Out of spec in a few areas. I have had two rifles built by Troy . With a 3rd with him as of right now. He don't have a fast turn around. If your impatient, you might not want to send one to him. If you can wait alittle , he does good work. Wardawg

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
I couldn't tell you how many he has done for me, and each one is more impresssive than the last! More importantly than call him a 'smith, I am proud to be able to call him friend as well. He is good people as we as in the south. You will not be disapointed!...however do not be in a rush either!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the replies guys. So what you're saying is that I'd pretty much be a fool not to jump in on the forum rifle buy? I'm wanting to get my first AK, and this thing looks like it would be quite a bit better than a WASR, and for not too much more.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I have never bought his stuff, but I have seen it and dealet with him at several shows. In a nut shell, he is the fuckin man and his work can not be beat when it comes to building classic AK's.

·
Super Moderator
9,409 Posts
CaptainSKA said:
So what you're saying is that I'd pretty much be a fool not to jump in on the forum rifle buy?
:goof:

Get in on the buy. It's going to be a sweet rifle.

·
Registered
14 Posts
2 Builds by Troy: Bulgy AK74s. ( One pic to the left! )Great Finish , nice rivet work, and he stands behind his builds 100%. Would not hesitate to send him more work.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just received my M92 pistol from Troy last week. Let me tell you it is FLAWLESS. Fit and finish are perfect.
Troy called me and told me that the trunion with detachable swivel that I supplied would not work. Instead of holding up my build, Troy returned that trunion and sent me my pistol with an installed Uncle Mike's swivel at no charge! :grin:

THAT is customer service.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Evo said:
No other AK smith will build my rifles. Period.......................................................................
+1 on that. I recieved my Yugo Krink yesterday. Great rivet work and finish. Troy is "the man" and I can call him my friend. There is none better!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I won an In Range Yugo underfolder and it is sweet......I would change absolutely nothing about it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts