AK Rifles banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently became an AK owner and I can see why you all enjoy this. Really fun! This will be my first project apart from the easy work to modify hand guards and grips with a dremel. Do the wire side folders attach as easily as everyone says? Any opinions about which version is better, push-button or lever type and which country makes them? Any sellers you guys like for these kind of parts?

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
plus_p said:
I recently became an AK owner and I can see why you all enjoy this. Really fun! This will be my first project apart from the easy work to modify hand guards and grips with a dremel. Do the wire side folders attach as easily as everyone says? Any opinions about which version is better, push-button or lever type and which country makes them? Any sellers you guys like for these kind of parts?

Yep, two screws. Romanian or german.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I prefer the Romanian push button type. The E. German has the lever and just looks too fragile to me. Just my opinion, I have never used an E. German.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll try a Romanian then for the first project. Thanks for the info guys.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
anyone got a picture?,...i would like to see how it attaches,.. or does it attach just like the regular wooden stock?

i've got a romy PSL,..WASR-10,..RPK,..so all im missing is a romy side folder

i was thinking of either building one up from parts or just buying another wasr-10 and converting the butt stock to the folding type

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
cruzie27 said:
anyone got a picture?,...i would like to see how it attaches,.. or does it attach just like the regular wooden stock?
Yep. It uses two machine screws.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts