AK Rifles banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Egyptian Maadi kit arrived with the GB and FSB pins badly bent. I need replacements. Barrel pins are easy to find, but who carries the other pins? And are these based on standard sizes--will any AKM pin fit any other AKM?

On some of my other kits the pins look pretty good, would it be better just to buy a new set anyway and only re-use the barrel pin?

Thanks... I'm learning... :goof:

· Registered
965 Posts
I might be wrong here, but I think they are all the same. All the different ones I have encountered so far have been anyway. I find lengths vary slightly even from the same gun, but all FB/FSB are 3mm, RSB are 4mm, and barrel pins at 7mm.

I sent you a PM offer also.

· Banned
16,199 Posts
The barrel component pins for the GB & FSB are 3mm for standard AKM. Pretty easy to just use a hammer and straighten a bent pin. Most industrial fastener supply houses carry 3mm machine pins though the legth may need some trimmimg for an AKM. Since you will be refitting them to another barrel you will be reaming and/or filing in any case so pin condition is only a minor issue IMHO.

· Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks AKBlue. I considered pounding them flat, but was worried that they would be weakened and more likely to bend during re-installation. I'll give it a shot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.