AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I'm new to the forum, I have owned a Zastava M70AB2 under folder for about 2 years now.
Im getting restless sitting there watching it do nothing, so I've swapped out some parts here and there, nothing major.
I saw a picture of a Zastava M21 and the first thing I noticed was the gas block. I've been wanting to swap mine out for a gas block front sight combo but have yet to find one that will fit a Yugo. Is there any way to make an M21 block fit, and secondly is there ANY place to find/buy one? Or are there other options out there for my rifle? I'm tired of the same old google searches turning up nothing..Any help would be appreciated!!!

·
Registered
4,599 Posts
If you install a combo, do you plan on cutting the barrel? If not, your barrel will definitely look strange from the pin holes from the original fsb.

Im sure some of the talented builders on the forum could weld up one but it doesn't seem worth it too me.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Why would you want to shorten the sight radius? the sight radius on ak's is already short..I just don't see the point in making it shorter other than looks.

·
Technical Advisor
15,507 Posts
There are really no integrated FSB/GB in AK47 pattern that will work on the Zastava/Yugo AK47 pattern barrel.
A Galil sight block will fit but it is too tall for the M70AB2 rear sight.
If you modified and added a Galil receiver cover it could work. But $$ and really no gain., and as noted the barrel extending past the GB/FSB will not be all that attractive unless you cut it back and permanently add a muzzle device., but more $$.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts