AK Rifles banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I'm currently working on my first ak build, I got a Romanian AKM kit from gunbroker and I'm working on building a plastikov. The front trunnion has rivets and I need to remove them, but I'm not sure the best way to remove them and I'm not sure if I have to take the barrel out to remove them, I'd prefer any method to doing this other than removing the barrel because it's headspaced properly and I don't have an insane collection of tools yet. If I can just remove them is the best thing to just dremel the rivets flat and then drill a hole through them and punch it out?
Thanks so much for your time and help.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
show us pics of your kit. when i see the state it's in i can advise what is the best way to go about demilling it.

yes, you need to remove barrel always to demill fully. you also need it gone for when you start riveting trunnion into new receiver.

exact demiling steps and methods can vary based on what you got and how it looks at the moment. hence the pics request.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
show us pics of your kit. when i see the state it's in i can advise what is the best way to go about demilling it.

yes, you need to remove barrel always to demill fully. you also need it gone for when you start riveting trunnion into new receiver.

exact demiling steps and methods can vary based on what you got and how it looks at the moment. hence the pics request.
I'll try and post pictures later today, Also I'm not riveting the front trunnion into the new receiver. Plastikov builds use bolts/screws instead of rivets. I know you normally would remove the barrel and do all of that, but since I don't use rivets do I still have to remove the barrel just to drill out the rivets?

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Ok, i know what plastikov is now. i think you are wasting your time doing something this retarded. i would advise to not proceed any further with the project.
seeing how you are a brand new user with not much understanding of the subject, i feel that i have to step back and offer no further advise for legal reasons.
I also urge you to thoroughly familiarize yourself with legalities of building and owning a firearm, perhaps even consult an attorney, and then think real hard before you do anything that could put you on the wrong side of the law.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, i know what plastikov is now. i think you are wasting your time doing something this retarded. i would advise to not proceed any further with the project.
seeing how you are a brand new user with not much understanding of the subject, i feel that i have to step back and offer no further advise for legal reasons.
I also urge you to thoroughly familiarize yourself with legalities of building and owning a firearm, perhaps even consult an attorney, and then think real hard before you do anything that could put you on the wrong side of the law.
I understand where you are coming from but I learn from doing things myself. I'm new to the AK platform but not to guns in general. I also do know that building a plastikov where I live is completely within the guidelines of the law. The parts kit even came with some compliant parts. All I was trying to understand is where the three holes on the front trunnion are, if those rivets can be removed without taking the headspaced barrel out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts