AK Rifles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My siderail is why off site, thanks Romania. I would like to remount it on perfect so I can just slide a scope on if I wanted to and not hill billy the scope up. How do I know its perfect? Is their someone who does this kind of work? I'm hesitant of sending it to a normal gunsmith because of the lack of knowlegde with aks. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
8,007 Posts
Can you provide a photo of the scope rail mounted on the rifle? Have you slid a scope onto the rifle and check if it's actually incorrectly mounted so much that your scope can't zero correctly?

·
Registered
111 Posts
You can get an idea of the placement of the side rail on my SAR-1 in the pic below. How does the placement of the side rail on your rifle compare?

·
Registered
8,007 Posts
Here's some more photos - look how the scope rail is mounted on the receiver. The top edge of the scope rail is parallel to the edge of the top of the receiver:

It's easy to see by looking at it one might think it's mounted improperly or crooked. Especially when viewed in terms of looking at the bottom edge of the scope rail.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my rail looks exaully likes both of yours. But its still off because my psop would not zero at all. After zeroing the crosshairs wouyld be in the bottom left corner, unless I shimed the scope. How do the factories get the siderails dead on accurate?

·
Registered
8,007 Posts
How do the factories get the siderails dead on accurate?
I think you're missing the concept. The scope rail needs only to be lined-up with the receiver's edge. The rest is up to the scope being dailed-in properly. You might want to try another scope to see if it was simply your previous one with the problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts