AK Rifles banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and you would pick up the latest and greatest Soldier of Fortune mag from the Army Navy Surplus store, after just spending an hour and the $5 you had on a Tuesday after school in there,

...and look through all the stuff for sale ads in the back and create huge wishlists of gun stuff you wanted to own "when you grew up",

...and tried to figure out how to ask Mom or Dad for that BB pistol that looked like a real gun,

...and read all the deer hunting stories in Field and Stream, hoping you could one day get out there and do that,

...and marvel at the war movies, First Blood, Bridge on the River Kwai, and the hundreds of others thinking to yourself "that's cool",

...and took the ole' wristrocket out to slay the occasional pigeon, garbage can, car window (sorry Tim's parents for that one),

...and bought a blowgun out of the back of a Ninja magazine, and shot up all the posters in your room with it, not realizing all the holes in the wall behind the poster would eventually be found,

...and took your $10 fishing kit down to the local hole to snag "the big one", only to accomplish snagging every god damn brach, log, tire, and whatever else until you were out of bait or hooks for that matter, but still went home satisfied,

...and saw your first naked girl on TV... or behind the 7-Eleven, depending on if your buddy got a hold of a Playboy mag from his Dad's room or not...

ah, the good old days.

At least the gun stuff is still going strong.

-Mark

·
Registered
14,916 Posts
Hell yeah.

.....and shoot your friend in the ass with a BB gun pumped up way more than "only two pumps!" during BB gun wars because you came back around and flanked him?

:lol:

·
Registered
677 Posts
That's why we stuffed our blue jeans with newspaper and wore 3 sweat shirts in the middle of a Texas summer. Head shots were illegal.

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Templar said:
Hell yeah.

.....and shoot your friend in the ass with a BB gun pumped up way more than "only two pumps!" during BB gun wars because you came back around and flanked him?

:lol:
Aw shit,I did that too!I was the only Kid around who had a complete set of Tigerstripe fatigues and would snipe a friend of mine as he was riding his bike past my house.Several years later,he mentioned something about a hornets nest in that area that tore his ass up for two years.I never did come clean! :twisted: I also used to cut the grass and fantacise about my Uncle The Mercenary comming by and taking me with him! :grin:

·
Registered
14,916 Posts
The first SOF I bought was the one with the Russian AGS-17 on the front cover from Afghanistan, back when RKB would send guys in like David Isby to get the real scoop on this stuff and then donate it to the CIA.

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Ive still got a scar on my arm from the BB gun wars. I remember when I got my first Co2 powered pistol, everyone wanted me on their team. Fun stuff... :grin:

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
My Wife walked past and read the heading of this thread from over my shoulder,she said,"You're still a Kid!" :grin:

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
as a kid

I can remember falling alseep on my dad's shoulders while susie worked for birds, and how dad had to wake me up when he got one because when I went susie would'nt give the birds to dad :grin:
I remember my first .22 a stevenson crackshot..
I can also remember telling my mom or dad "I'm going hunting" Them saying Well If you shoot it you eat it... Squirrel is kinda tuff and tastes like chicken :wink:
Yes I even remember the infamous bb gun wars... I mainly remember that it hurt alot worse when it was cold and a bb hit near a bone.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know this will sound weird, but all this remanicing has inspired me to ask one thing:

Who is willing to get together for a good old afashioned BB gun war?
Same rules as 25+ years ago, no head shots

ONLY 2 PUMPS TEMPLAR!!!!

:bd:

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
THS said:
I know this will sound weird, but all this remanicing has inspired me to ask one thing:

Who is willing to get together for a good old afashioned BB gun war?
Same rules as 25+ years ago, no head shots

ONLY 2 PUMPS TEMPLAR!!!!

:bd:
hell, we still do that. Look up airsoft :goof:

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Everyone is probably going to laugh at me for this, but I still have my original BB gun! It is a Crossman 760, and I just can't bring myself to throw it away. I have so many good memories with that thing!!! :grin:

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Frostbite,I still have mine too! I got it for Christmas in 1967 when I was 6 years old.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
My greatest BB gun was the Crossman 1377 pistol .
It was only single shot, but it had 850+ FPS IIRC, an optional stock and could kill a large rabbit.
My first real trophy ( at 11 it was a big deal :dance: )

·
Registered
46 Posts
We had the "no head shots" rule, but my brother shot me right in the center of the forehead one day and we got caught (couldn't hide the welp).

What I remember most was taking cans down to the creek and trying to sink them before they got out of range.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I had a friend that was built like arnold swartsinhoweveryouspellit, We used to take an axe and chop down small trees in the woods behind his house and he would bend the "trees" around his shoulders while we tied strings to the ends to make bows, then we took kitchen knives and cleared the straightest sticks we could find and made arrows. BBs stung but those arrows plain out hurt, probably cause you had to get so close to hit someone with them, probably about 20 feet. There was also about a 40 foot cliff behind his house where they cleared the woods for warehouses. We dug a cave about 10 feet deep and 4 feet wide at the bottom with a ladder we made from cut down trees. It seemed like it took forever. Especially using coffee cans and a broken off shovel. After some bad rain, the dirt gave way and buried the entrance. So we did what any vigilant 12 year olds would do....Re dug it but we missed the original hole and after making a right turn hit it about 6 feet back, it was like striking gold...After they cleared the woods for the factories we did the only logical thing. We used the drainage pipes they put in for the factory to maneuver around the cleared fields. He could tell you where you were no matter how many turns you made he could tell you exactly to get where we needed to go. I still have a scar and a lum where the bone didnt heal right from running through the pipes and one setting lower then the other. We didnt want anyone to see where we were going, and once in the pipes noone could.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts