AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was eating lunch today, reading through a local Tampa newspaper, the Tampa Bay Times (TBT). It had a little blurb about production on a modern day Red Dawn remake. I don't know if anybody has already posted on this or whether or not this is common knowledge now. I know a lot of folks here loved the first one, so I thought I'd post this for you. This newspaper is known for being sarcastic and a little 'edgy.' I say this because the article kind of portrays the remake as a bad idea. I didn't want people to think that I was bashing it or anything. Here ya' go:

Or, check out the article here, at the online archive of today's paper:

http://tampabaytimes.fl.newsmemory.com/

(Scroll down to: 'Red Dawn' remake invading T032)

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Sounds like the writer is pissed he/she didnt get invited to play the first time.

This should be very intersting. Looking forward to it. Hope they have a budget.

·
Banned
1,611 Posts
Hollywood has run out of brains, so they are eating themselves.

This sucks.

DO YOU HONESTLY THINK THAT THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG WITH THE ORIGINAL ?

IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T EFFIN' EVEN TRY TO FIX IT!

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Given Hollywood's track record on remakes, I fear for this movie! :roll:

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
i'd see ,no matter how bad it was

·
Registered
495 Posts
I waiting for Hot Fuzz II myself. :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
I will totally give up on Hollywood when they make the movie, "Gilligan's Island". "Lost In Space" nearly sent me. Those shows were terrible back in the day, what would make them acceptable now? Original Ideas are nonexistent these days.

·
Registered
629 Posts
you know, I am sure that I will watch it and that I will love it, I am certain that it will be terrible, and I'm certain that's why I'll love it... One needs to apreciate the terribleness of some movies.
WAIT disclaimer: I promise to love it only if it features Russians, I promise nothing, but hope for the best if it's anyone else.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have no faith in Hollywood, and they will mess up a good movie. Yet again.

Why can't they just leave it alone? Why can't they come up with an Original idea?

This movie will suck.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Personally, I can't WAIT!!!! 2010!?!?! That SUCKS! But I will definitely watch this movie.

I just hope it's the Russians again!! And plenty of AKs..maybe some Krinkovs :oops:

·
Super Moderator
26,087 Posts
Hollywood is running out of ideas.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Hollywood will fuck it up.
Don't get me wrong; I'd love to see a (good) remake set in the modern day. But with the record of flop remakes that have come out recently, they ought to leave well enough alone.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
I'm sure it will feature the People's Republic of China since they are still "RED", not Russia. Good or bad, I'll watch it for the weapons. :twisted:

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
no it will be a us gov contractor gone rouge. Halliburton takes over the country under the guise of a terrorist attack. it will be another left wing "stop loss" and one of the major heroes in the movie will be Muslim

it will be PC left wing hollywood

1 - 20 of 50 Posts