AK Rifles banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a Yugo AB2 80% on 8/18. Item showed as "in-stock". I sent a message through their website and no response. Then I emailed Matt and no response.

I've bought lots of products from him in the past. Wondering if I will be waiting forever for this...

·
Registered
24 Posts
I ordered the same receiver as you a month and a half ago and haven't got it yet but I know it'll show eventually. They won't even inform you that it has shipped when it does but you'll still get it. I'm about to order another one... Even though it shows in-stock ReCreator has been flooded with orders this year and are way behind. Their product is absolutely the best and they're working their butts off to make it all happen. I've ordered plenty from them in the past too but 2020 has been problematic.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
He’s behind like everyone else
Panic buying
Covid
He had to shut it down
Supplier problems and now employee problems ... just a guess but I bet they make more $$$ staying home.
That’s why 100% has been temporally stopped.
On top of that stuff if you placed a custom order those take longer
He’s hiring by the way last I heard.

·
Registered
201 Posts
He is averaging about 4-5 months on getting receivers out. Childers is about 1-2 months.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
He is averaging about 4-5 months on getting receivers out. Childers is about 1-2 months.
For what exactly ? ... kinda a broad brush statement
1. Hes personally told me anything done on the shelf ships right away.
2. 100% are on hold until competent employs are in place.
And I’d imagine he has to pick away at all the rest of the custom orders
Lots of variables going on here and remember
Unlike Childers he does different stampings for each countries style.
Meaning they are done in batches
If someone orders say a bulged yugo with no marking with a side folder backend and he got done doing yugos last week ..... I’m thinking it takes quit some time to get back to that.
You kinda need to think about it like you were running it.
Would you constantly skip around all over the place or focus on organized batch’s?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Your correct, he does things in batches so some may have to wait until that item is up for production again. It's possible the wait could be months but most often it's much less!

I know some don't see that and think he is just not getting their order done.
I know if I place an order with Matt I will get it, i'm sure everyone else will too!

Reactions: Mr. Stizout

·
Registered
201 Posts
If someone orders say a bulged yugo with no marking with a side folder backend and he got done doing yugos last week ..... I’m thinking it takes quit some time to get back to that.
Would you constantly skip around all over the place or focus on organized batch’s?
I should have been more precise. For custom FFL receiver, not 80%. Also I am not knocking Recreator blanks whatsoever. His receivers are fantastic.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
My 3 month process is taking 6/7 months this time around. And that’s limiting myself to a manageable amount. Covid and delays has ruined this year

Watching David/74ullc prepared me on what not to do.

• don’t take endless orders, cut them off in batches
  • my product is $$ so I split payment 50/50
  • no more damn custom serial numbers unless your a Vet/Police/Leo/Federal Leo because I have a soft spot for them
  • mAke the receivers look real from the jump so you don’t have to offer them in 30 flavors with this without this
I’m slowly working toward AK Rcvrs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
32 Posts
Why does he say on his website there in stock and doesn't ship them in a timely manner. If he would update his website and tell people it could possibly be 3 months before you will receive your in stock receiver, then that would give people an option to go else where or sit back and wait. Communication goes along ways with people.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
I just ordered another few from Recreator. I really cant speak highly enough of his products and customer service.

Sometimes my past orders have shipped in a week sometimes in a month or two. Worth the wait and gives you plenty of time to gather build parts and prep your kits.

I think it must be a pain in the ass to have people calling and emailing constantly not to mention the time it takes away from getting everyone's orders filled.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Why does he say on his website there in stock and doesn't ship them in a timely manner. If he would update his website and tell people it could possibly be 3 months before you will receive your in stock receiver, then that would give people an option to go else where or sit back and wait. Communication goes along ways with people.
A little confusing but all items say "in stock", there has to be a inventory count next to the "in stock" listing.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Childer's has thrown out the expected date right on the website so folks know how long of a wait but like anything else things can change (tons of orders) they would just need to post updated delivery dates as lead times change due to orders.

·
Premium Member
13,009 Posts
It's a "Perfect Storm" scenario

Covid-19
Bored and digging out kits from 10 years ago wanting them built

Election year

Defund Police

Vendors are getting slammed with orders and builds in numbers not seen before
Recreator Blanks, Tortort Manf, Childers Guns, NoDak Spud and CNC Warrior are doing their best to keep up.

Demand is high for AK's, new gun owners wanting a rifle for protection.
NICS jumped 51% year over year in August alone.

No one could have anticipated or prepared for the volume in increased orders and sales.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I ordered a Yugo AB2 80% on 8/18. Item showed as "in-stock". I sent a message through their website and no response. Then I emailed Matt and no response.

I've bought lots of products from him in the past. Wondering if I will be waiting forever for this...

Well, I started this thread now I feel impatient. Just got my Yugo today and it is SUPERB!! I will email Matt and let him know. Well worth the wait. I was spoiled by the days before Covid and let it get the best of me.

·
Registered
63 Posts
So no 100% receivers are being made right now? I was about to order one but maybe I shouldn’t.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts