AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone received anything from Recreatorblanks.com recently? I ordered a receiver in May and the web site said lead times are 1-2 weeks. So far no word and the web site just say Processing. Any info on the company would be appreciated.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I ordered a couple of receivers in May also, but I'm not one bit worried. I ordered receivers for future builds before the rush and maybe the rush is now.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I ordered back in early May I think, I emailed them about a month ago and was told I'd have it by July but still no word. I was just thinking about checking in again because I'm also getting nervous.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I emailed them a couple of times with no response. I have no problem with waiting for a quality product. I wasn't sure if they were still in business but it sounds like they are. My guess is that they are busy making the products.

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
I order from Matt frequently and it seems orders over the last year or so take a month or two. I had one large order take about 4 months.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK thanks everybody. Sounds like the order could take between 2-4 months. That gives me a much better idea of when I can start the build. Thanks again for all the info.

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
This thread is funny.

Clearly some people have never experienced a 74ullc wait before. :grin:

Don’t get me started. I paid for 10 receivers up front. I’ve lost count now... it’s been years. I hear about one or two trickling out. I know one guy who got 2 last year. I’m not holding my breath.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I bought two AKM receivers from David years ago. It took 4 months and he kept me up to date as to the progress. As I said, I have no problem waiting; but the web site told me 1-2 weeks which I thought was very fast. I just wanted to see what people had to say and now I'm less stressed about waiting.

Seems everyone has started the buying rush for the holidays. I thank everyone for the constructive input and for the knowledge.

·
Registered
10 Posts
These are usually small operations and if you figure 500 or 1000 people are like and have ordered and are waiting and they are turning out a few each day you see where this s going. Most people who are asking these questions weren't building two or three years ago when the same thing was going and wait times were 6-12 months or longer. The best thing to do is have about a dozen kits you are building and order one receiver a month once they start rolling in its like Christmas every month.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Any updates? I've emailed a few times with no response, but I have got a few emails asking me to review my "recent purchases" that I haven't received yet.

·
Registered
8,029 Posts
A friend ordered a "Kyhber" option receiver - Romanian "embossments" sans markings on July 11th. He received the order on July 26th.

It will be used for his Midway Md90 kit - S A R selector markings.

Reactions: 22many

·
Registered
8,029 Posts
One of my receiver orders was also for a Khyber Pass... back in April. FML.
When I state Khyber that is the name of the menu option on Recreator's site to "do your own thing". It was a standard AKM rear trunnion model - not a folder. FWIW.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I usually just order one at a time. Seams to be a little faster. I have purchased two from him this year at different times and I want to say I may have waited a month or two. Recreator is kind of like NFA items. You just pay and forget about it until it shows up.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts