AK Rifles banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TCW/WOLF 762x39 FMJBT unfired , unfired sectioned and recovered from test .

4.5" thick water jug stood in front of wet paper @100M . 'profile' impact on wet paper and profile penetration to barely exit about 12 to 14" of wet paper .

core showing internal core displacement / migration of airspace .

this is the original test bullet from mid/late '90s . i cant remember exactly .

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Great info,thanks Yoda!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
A righteously cool post.
Yoda, now with pictures. Nothing can stop us now.
Although I will miss the juicy prose descriptions of fired and impacted bullet cores.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys .

its really just Gravity and G-Forces at work .

i've been wanting to show this since '98 i think . you cant imagine all crap i've taken over this from 'special people' .

5thShock
Although I will miss the juicy prose descriptions of fired and impacted bullet cores.
what your talking about there is called 'keyboard dislexia' :lol:

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks .

it works the same way for 762x39 GoldenTiger FMJBT which is identical to the WOLF bullet .

the old Barnaul and old WOLF 545x39 FMJBTs act the same / is the same design .

the Ulyanovsk 8M1 (the nipple bullet) gives profile penetration ALMOST threw and threw . the 8M2 FMJ gives a slower "dwell time" , maybe 6" to 8" sideways (RMS to RMS) while yawing to base first . these improved M67 types have a smaller tipspace to squew the ballance but its enough . also in this category is the GoldenTiger 545 FMJ .

i'm not finding my 545 recovered bullets from the old tests . lots of bad shit happens to your stuff when you almost die and take 1.5 years off .

one of yous guys could fill in a little here :wink: it aint hard .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts