AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at buying an SKS. Was told that the pin should be swapped out for a Murray Pin for safety. Found those easy.

Was also told the trigger needs to be replaced, as these were notorious for trigger creep. What trigger replacements do you gents recommend?

·
Banned
41 Posts
Sorry to hear about your trigger issues. My Norinco SKS is awesome. I put it in a Tapco AR style stock with adjustable rear stock. Iron sights and shoots well. Please Advise about your SKS when it is done. I want to hear the range report with the type of ammo used.

·
Super Moderator
25,615 Posts
I would recommend shooting the thing as issued, because the more you use it, the better the trigger will become. The SKS rifle can be very accurate, but it was never designed to be a target shooter, rather it was designed to be used by a military conscript to engage human targets up to 300 meters, and sometimes slightly more. Adding all this other stuff usually does nothing for the accuracy issues people seek.

Reactions: JeepFan

·
Banned
2 Posts
Bill Springfield did the trigger on mine. At first I noticed no difference. Then after a couple hundred rounds, wow!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I saw the link and I'm sold on his work. I'll send it to him when I win the rifle. Bidding on it right now with only a few hours left. If I don't win it here soon, I'll buy a classic arms Chinese one.

The one I am looking at is a Romanian Cugir.

I only want the rifle to be safe and the trigger not be dreadful when I shoot it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts