AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a deal I couldn't pass up on a Valmet M76 308 and FAL 50.41. I am not sure if the valmet is a milled receiver or stamped, I believe it is milled but can someone please confirm. I don't know too much about valmets other than mags are impossible to find and sure enough this one doesn't have mags. I've attached some pics if anyone can help me out I'd really appreciate it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Not sure if the 76 is the same as the 78 but when I had my 78..

I was using HK steel magazines and they worked with very little work done to it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you very much for the feedback guys. I was looking into converting mags but read something about the feed angles not always being correct.

·
Registered
5,727 Posts
Read up on the website, I recall there was a minor bolt mod for certain years.

Mine did not need this.

ETA , the modification was for .308 Vepr not .308 Galil

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
I am not sure if the valmet is a milled receiver or stamped, I believe it is milled but can someone please confirm.
No rivet heads on at the front or rear sides of the receiver equals milled. If there were rivet heads at the front or rear sides of the receiver, the rivets would be there to hold the trunnions in place. For a stamped receiver AK, the front trunnion holds the barrel and the rear trunnion holds the stock. A milled receiver AK does both without trunnions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts