AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe it's just me but does anyone else find it interesting it seems there's now tons of Polytech and Norinco rifles, many NIB, available out there now? I guess when a couple of buyers on the auctions a few months ago were throwing-down high bids and winning them it started the wheel rolling and folks were digging them out of the closet to sell at those prices.

Just seems like there's a ton of Chinese pre-bans available now in the $1300-$1800 range when they weren't so prevalent a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured that into part of it as we've reached about the 20-year mark and that generation which purchased them are passing them on or getting rid of them. But I imagine some initial "panic-buying" by new collectors paying some high prices might've set a standard and folks decided now is the time to sell.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I agree with all of you. I am a polytech fan, but I still won't pay an assload of money for one. Maybe a little high to get one, but not outrageous. People paying anything to get them definitly sparked the the flame to sell there dads rifles. ???Back 20 years ago it probably cost less than $400 for a new one in any configuration.

·
Banned
344 Posts
I had not noticed this at any shows! Would love to get a hold of NIB Type 86S at a decent price,$1.500 or less, but that will never happen! :evil:

·
Super Moderator
9,412 Posts
Personally..................in my PRIVATE opinion....................I think PolytechParts has been sitting on quite a few weapons.....but that's just my opinion.

KF

·
Registered
644 Posts
Sayhalo2dabadguy said:
I agree with all of you. I am a polytech fan, but I still won't pay an assload of money for one. Maybe a little high to get one, but not outrageous. People paying anything to get them definitly sparked the the flame to sell there dads rifles. ???Back 20 years ago it probably cost less than $400 for a new one in any configuration.

Before the '89 ban I paid $325 for a Legend underfold and $249 for a Norinco Movie gun. Both dropped in price after I bought mine.

·
Registered
257 Posts
See there you go Valmet, now they are worth at least four times as much, and some people will pay even more feeding the next guy to sell his for an even more insane amount of money and so on. Like dominos exept in the other direction.

P.S. Wish I had a legend underfolder. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You'll just have to settle for that nice underfolder with spike bayonet coming to you soon for right now. :grin: :hail:

·
Banned
4,277 Posts
Who really knows the reason? Could be people figuring this is the best time to dump it on the market for a lot more money, to the panic buyers (election year).

I am going to wait until after Nov 7, if Obama wins, I am going to sell my POLYTECH legend for a obscene amount, more then it is now :grin:

·
Registered
644 Posts
Current "collectors" never cease to amaze me. How many people do you know that dropped $750 for a mis-matched Inland carbine from the CMP, then spent hundreds more getting it all Inland. $400 for a really nice stock! Let alone a nice WWII bayonet for the thing. There are still far more bayonets out there than there are people wanting them but the prices are still grossly inflated. I don't understand it myself but the consumer sets the price so here we are.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
I've seen this at several shows in a few different states, for all the reasons already listed and I'll add this one, the economy. Alot of people are selling stuff off after loss of jobs etc. in their area.

In some cases almost at a giveaway price just to get money for bills. In others at insane prices to get a financial boost against things getting more expensive. If I had a bunch of loot myself I'd probably buy some houses in the low market and resell when it turns around or have at the very least a few rental properties, maybe more are thinking along those lines. Or it could just be that the creed is greed. Just my.02.

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Valmet78 said:
Current "collectors" never cease to amaze me. How many people do you know that dropped $750 for a mis-matched Inland carbine from the CMP, then spent hundreds more getting it all Inland. $400 for a really nice stock! Let alone a nice WWII bayonet for the thing. There are still far more bayonets out there than there are people wanting them but the prices are still grossly inflated. I don't understand it myself but the consumer sets the price so here we are.
Inlands are the easiest to restore, by far. WWII era carbines didn't accept a bayonet. Most M4 bayonets on the market are Korean-Vietnam era.

·
Super Moderator
10,312 Posts
Exothermia said:
The collectors drag these out of the safe before every election at elevated prices like clockwork.
Or when the economy is down and when it is tax time.

Chinese rifles have been sold in such great numbers that there is always a sizeable number of the in cyclic circulation at any given time.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
If it were not for our insane import laws, we'd all be able to own new Chinese and Russian guns at reasonable prices.

The sick thing is that there are our own bretheren who use the anti gunners and the anti gun laws to their advantage to make a $. If I had dozens of very valuable and collectible guns, I'd gladly take a value drop for all of us to be able own them. Integrity.

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
56type said:
I've seen this at several shows in a few different states, for all the reasons already listed and I'll add this one, the economy. Alot of people are selling stuff off after loss of jobs etc. in their area.

In some cases almost at a giveaway price just to get money for bills. In others at insane prices to get a financial boost against things getting more expensive. If I had a bunch of loot myself I'd probably buy some houses in the low market and resell when it turns around or have at the very least a few rental properties, maybe more are thinking along those lines. Or it could just be that the creed is greed. Just my.02.

+1

t

1 - 20 of 55 Posts