AK Rifles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a sloppy under-folder that I would like to tighten up on an M64. Can I retrofit Polish AKM under-folding parts on my Yugo without any drama?

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
I have a sloppy under-folder that I would like to tighten up on an M64. Can I retrofit Polish AKM under-folding parts on my Yugo without any drama?
Why would you need to do that? If you take the assembly apart you should be able to tighten it ?

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sloppy, as in up/down movement while extended...

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, so it looks like the Polish stock ARMs are not interchangeable with the Yugo, but are the internals?

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For posterity, I thought I'd update this project for others who might have similar issues...

I measured the up and down play on my original under-folding M64 stock, and had 4-degrees of up/down play at the butt-plate. Yuck!

So I purchased one of the complete Polish under-folding hinge mechanisms (not the arms or stock) from an armorer's kit, and retrofitted the new stuff with the old stuff onto my Yugo M64...

Fixed it! Now there is only a tad bit of up/down play in the stock (> 1-degree), which arguably is needed to actuate the stock after the release button is pressed. Solid lock-up too with no modifications needed. Improved the weapon's functionality immensely.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts