AK Rifles banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am building an AK as a pistol, to be SBR'd at a later date. I am going to use an ACE stock.

I want to use a pistol trunnion on the rear, when it's SBR'd, I'll drill the trunnion for the ACE folder. I found a dedicated pistol trunnion, but it's $50. That seems a little high. The ace 'cut the tang' setup would be kind of trailer park, to install a rear trunnion with a tang, cut it off, the install the ACE trunnion (If that's how that would work).

Is this trunnion meant to be installed under a standard fixed stock trunnion, or stand alone?

Is a standard underfolder trunnion strong enough to use an ACE stock on (rivet it in as normal, but not drill out the sides for the underfolder stock), then drill and tap the back.

Thoughts?

Where can I find a euro underfolder trunnion without the euro underfolder?

Where's the best deal on pistol trunnions?

~Doug

·
Registered
133 Posts
Is this trunnion meant to be installed under a standard fixed stock trunnion, or stand alone? Yes.

Is a standard underfolder trunnion strong enough to use an ACE stock on (rivet it in as normal, but not drill out the sides for the underfolder stock), then drill and tap the back. I have done this and it works fine.

Where can I find a euro underfolder trunnion without the euro underfolder? Haven't saw any for sale for a while now. If useing an ACE, make sure you get a squared off trunion. The angled ones don't work without make up a spacer block.

Where's the best deal on pistol trunnions? Haven't saw any of these either.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts