AK Rifles banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here's another one from me :p

My Maadi is having some issues on hang up at the back of the receiver. You pull it fast and most of the time it wont lock up but a normal cycle and it's smooth till it hit's the back and then locks up. The weird thing is you push the spring that holds the dust cover on and it comes flying forward.

Headspace is good on it and with a Romy bolt it's smooth as ever but with this Egyptian bolt & carrier something is causing it to hang up ?

It's on a NDS 3

· Registered
4,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Function checking it. It runs fine with a Romy bolt but for some reason the Egyptian one just doesn's tried it in another ak and same hang up issues.

· Registered
2,360 Posts
does it run ok during live fire? i had the same issue with an egyptian carrier
i had to profile the hound out my hammer. there is something different on the bottom of carrier that causes that. i didnt really want to chew on the carrier

· Registered
4,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
At this point I've just dry fired it It cycles good it's just that hang up. It's like It rides high at the back and you push it down and it comes forward.

· Premium Member
4,274 Posts
There's an easy fix or a hard one. What's happening is the hammer is pushing up on the carrier and when you pull it back it's pushing the carrier up like when you remove the carrier. I've had this happen on a few builds and have fixed it both ways.

You can extend the top rails by welding them making them longer to close the gap, use a brass bar clamped to the receiver and build up the rail, file to form the top of the rail, the bottom will be nice and flush as you welded on brass (weld won't stick to brass). You make the gap to where you almost have to fight to get the carrier into the receiver, this way the carrier will not pop out when you charge it. The easy fix is to install a buffer and be done with it, the buffer eliminates the need for welding as the gap is closed off by the buffer.

· Registered
86 Posts
What kind of FCG are you running? If you have a Tapco G2 then you really should check for hammer follow also. The combo of a G2 and NDS3 can have dis connector issues, the hammer won't sit down enough to be caught by the discon. That will add drag to the bolt carrier and cause it to lock up like you are describing.
Also, you really need to shoot that gun. In my experiance new builds need a couple hundred rounds to really smooth out. I'd run 5-10 mags through it before I'd really call something a problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.