AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright,
I've already posted a "WTB" in the classifieds. Since it seems like SLR-105's are rare as hen's teeth, what would the next highest quality 74 be? Is there any chance Arsenal will bring back the 105? With all the ammo on the market now, I would think they would sell a ton of 'em. So besides the SLR-105, what would your next "first choice" be for a high quality AK-74?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
i would say a krink......

·
Registered
512 Posts
If I had the money, I'd look at a Krink or an RPK74. If I wanted to spend a little less I'd look at either a Tantal or hope and pray that the new Bulgy '74 kits coming in September will clear customs okay as planned and build on one of those. Word is, 10,000 kits are awaiting us. They will be minus barrels, but supposedly Wilson is being contracted to produce new US barrels to go with the kits. Several different vendors have all verified these are indeed in the works. Whether we actually see them and at what price remains to be seen.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
What a coincidence... I just test fired my Tantal and Bulgarian '74 builds Saturday.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Don't give up on finding an Arsenal SLR-105. They pop up regularly on the EE and occasionally here in the Marketplace too.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Have grown very found of the 5.45-shoots flat no recoil and lots of fun guns in the caliber.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Guys,
Great pics, you're all killing me :sad: . If you could, please give me the details of all the pics you've posted and how you like them.

Thanks
Rich

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
I built mine from kits. The Bulgarians are great, you really can't go wrong.. just find the best price. The Tantal is great as well despite what you've been told. I have a SAR-2 and the fit and finish on the Tantal is superior in every way. But, if your buying one outright, I would stay away from the ones with U.S. barrels as I've heard about all kinds of issues involving those. Find one with an original chrome lined barrel and I wouldn't hesitate. If your on a budget, go with a SAR-2/WASR etc. ($1200 for a Tantal, sweet jeebus!)

·
Registered
945 Posts
$1200 for a Bulgie kit gun???? Maybe I am missing the options you asked for or maybe a misunderstanding?? Its about the AK not the money ? Hell , you can pick up a FACTORY Arsenal 105 AK74 for around $900 to a $1000. I would be patient and a 105 will surface on this board or arf in time. It may take you a month or two but you will find one. I bought one from each board . If Bulgie kit guns are going for $1200 , I would like to sell my last 105 for $1600 ! :eek:

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Pick up an ORF AKS-74 build

Jerod said:
...Its about the AK not the money...
that works both ways

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Wifey's Tantal:

My Bulgy AKS-74:

Both built off AK-builder flats.

Bulgy Krink coming soon....whenever my paperwork gets approved.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts