AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Last pic on the page looks like there is a DeLisle carbine on the table.

·
Banned
950 Posts
That will be happening in the states soon enough. Now that NICS and your healthcare records are all registered with the government.

·
Super Moderator
25,780 Posts
That will be happening in the states soon enough. Now that NICS and your healthcare records are all registered with the government.
I doubt it. There is nobody stupid enough to carry out those kind of orders.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
And besides that, they aren't smart enough to make shit they WANT to work, work. No way in hell they are going to figure out the logistics of putting that pile of data together.

·
Technical Advisor
15,522 Posts
7n6 said:
That will be happening in the states soon enough. Now that NICS and your healthcare records are all registered with the government
NICS are not a maintained record., by law., nor does it contain serial numbers. Unless your state has a specific check instituted that may require serial numbers.

·
Registered
836 Posts
It's sad that those arms used to belong to free men... I was especially disappointed by the footage of the FALs, but all of it is upsetting really, if you know what you're looking at.

·
Banned
950 Posts

Unfortunately it is happening all over OUR country right now and most Americans have shown themselves to be wiling to bend over backward to comply.

It's sad that those arms used to belong to free men... I was especially disappointed by the footage of the FALs, but all of it is upsetting really, if you know what you're looking at.

Just look at all the now illegal firearms in California, New Jersey, New York, Connecticut- that were once owned by "Free Men".

·
Super Moderator
25,780 Posts
Horseshit. Our Government can't even get a fucking website to run correctly, and people like you still maintain that by some order or decree, "they" are going to order "someone" to go door to door to collect weapons.
Its fantasy pure and simple, and if you would take a step back, put down the Koolaid and use your head for something other than a place to park hat, you would have figured this out by now.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
A little emotional today, Joemomma? It'll be ok, man.;)

But I agree fully. If our gov't is anything it's inept. There's no way the current breed of diplodunk can grab his ass with both hands, let alone organize the logistics to confiscate weapons or gather info on where those weapons are. Hell, that would mean that they have to get A to talk to B and we all know how that's gone in the past.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
The only thing it does appear that the Government CAN do, is drive the price of our hobby up.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
The only thing it does appear that the Government CAN do, is drive the price of our hobby up.
At that, they accel. Back when big O got the job a friend of mine (Gander Mtn employee. Not an endorsement, I've boycotted the assholes) said "He's the best thing to ever happen to the firearms industry. Sales are through the roof."

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Are we really stuck on just these two sides of the hypothetical confiscation debate?
Allow me to offer my humble attempt to reframe the debate...

I've never thought that the gubmint would simply go door-to-door looking for anything.
Maybe in a few isolated places depending on local registry laws, but not on a national scale.
I just don't see that being a strategy they would use; not with UN "Peacekeeping" troops, not with Domestic troops, and certainly not with the local Sheriff's dept.
What happened when FDR "banned" monetary gold back in 1933?
Did the Federal Government spend countless resources searching for gold door-to-door in people's homes? No.
You might find a few cases of this, but by and large, Big Brother utilized on his most reliable network of informants: us.
Look at Cali; look at Jersey. You don't see any house-to-house kickdoor searches.
Louisiana, and more recently, Boston are a different story; see: 'natural disasters', 'martial law', and 'terror crisis'

By and large what you do see is a new culture of corruption and selective enforcement--the ultimate enemy of The Rule Of Law.

·
Registered
402 Posts
One By One, California Agents Track Down Illegally Owned Guns : NPR There are in Kalifornia. Gun confiscation has already started, it spreads with urbanization. It wont happen all at once, but state by state over a very long time, death by a thousand paper cuts. There probably isn't an all-inclusive gun registry, but it would be possible for the government to generate a database of "persons of interest" using modern information technology. By analyzing credit card purchases, Internet traffic, cellphone text messages, phone calls, plain-text digital government documents, etc. it would be possible to get an idea of who likely owns a firearm or has access to one. All this information is recorded and kept in databases so all the government would need to do is contract it out.

[Edit]
From that link:
"Beginning In 2007, California officials began collecting names from court records, medical facilities and lists of known or wanted criminals, then cross-referenced them against the federal instant criminal background check system for gun-buyers. The list is updated every day."

So the system records who buys guns?

·
Super Moderator
25,780 Posts
Wow...9 agents riding in a truck in one town confiscating weapons from people who by law can't own them anyway. I'm talking about an outright ban Nationwide and some sort of confiscation order. Its not going to happen that way.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts