AK Rifles banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What's ridiculous? The act or the punishment?

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Watch, discuss:

I keep trying to tell people about this guy's channel, but it never seems to stick. I don't get it.

·
Super Moderator
26,318 Posts
I think a complete year suspension is a bit harsh, but they did deserve some form of punishment IMO. If I was caught at that age shooting like those kids were, my old man would have put me through the wall.

I am interested to know if the pics in that article were the actual airsoft weapons they were caught with.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Those were not the airsoft guns used, they were using low end airsoft pistols with orange tips. the bus stop was 70 yds. from where they were "shooting", one of the kids who were "hit" was also shooting.....no high end, high speed air softs here.....

Would these kids have been suspended if this had been a snow ball fight???? You sure could get hurt a lot worse by a nice hard packed snowball then you ever would get hurt by these toys.

These kids had airsoft guns, we had peashooters....This is just another example of the pussyfication of America...To many Metrosexual men, MIA dads and single moms...

Hysterical nonsense.

70s.jpg

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is why I brought it up. As I read the story I found myself thinking the punishment was way to harsh. As a kid I did much of the same. My cousins and friends had BB gun fights, roamed the neighborhood from dawn till dusk. The world was different back then and had we been busted for something dad would have tanned our hides and that would have been it. Respect and healthy fear told me I'd not do it again.
At the same time I was appalled that these kids were shooting at one another with the fake guns and that maybe they deserved healthy doses of punishment. Suspension from school? Hell no. A good ass whoopin that they'd not soon forget plus the loss of all gun privileges for a few weeks is what I had in mind. Maybe what bugs me is the seemingly blatant act of shooting at one another after such events as we've had occur in the last couple of decades with kids and firearms. Maybe I've turned sensitive to it, Idk.
I actually ended up thinking both ways then feeling guilty about both. Seems fucked up.
Things like school shootings weren't in the news when I was growing up and ass whoopins were the law of the household and socially ok.
I was talking to someone the other day and the topic came up about kids and society. I mentioned that I remembered back in the 80's when a kid sued his parents because he got an ass whoopin and he WON. I said back then, and I was kid then, that it was the beginning of a very bad thing when kids don't have to get a knot jerked in their tail, when a kid can threaten his parents with child protective services because they are going to bust his sorry smartass mouth for being disrespectful.
The pussification of America is in full swing and unfortunately, I believe my own generation of liberal assholes are at the helm. The ship is sinking and there aren't enough life boats.

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
"Things like school shootings weren't in the news when I was growing up and ass whoopins were the law of the household and socially ok."....You nailed it HK....Respect for elders and others was the rule!

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
When I was a kid I got busted for shooting the heads off of self strike wooden matches out of my break barrel pellet rifle at the windshields of cars going down the street...they would hit the windshield and flare up pretty good....best effect was at night. I hit a dudes windshield and he got pissed stopped the car and chased me and my buddy down, took us home and turned us over to our parents. Dad warmed up the belt on my butt for that one, took away my pellet gun for a month or so.

No school involvement, no cops called, that was not even considered..... it was kids doing stupid kid stuff, and adults and parents doing what they are supposed to do....catch them doing stupid stuff and correct their behavior.....lesson learned, carry on.

·
Technical Advisor
16,054 Posts
There were no school shootings when I was a kid. There are school shootings today. Zero tolerance is a common response to bringing weapons or weapon clones/toys to a school or in busses or near school gathering places.
Not sure the full year suspension is needed but caution and zero tolerance are just part of the response to the more violent behavior in todays world of the USA.

·
Registered
8,433 Posts
The most maddening part for me is that they keep talking about "the Larkspur Middle School bus stop" as if it is school property instead of the end of somebody's driveway where they get picked up.

No jurisdiction for the school to poke their nose into this and impose their conduct rules. If a crime was committed then somebody should file file a complaint with the police.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Once current elementary and middle school kids reach adulthood, imagine how they will view guns and gun ownership due to things like this.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts