299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Propably many of you havent seen it yet so enjoy pictures

These one unfortunatley without green bakelite mag :sad:
Source russian site:

·
Super Moderator
25,774 Posts
I seem to remember that the green furniture was supposed to be issued to border guards. Any truth to this?

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
that green looks outstanding! I would love to get my hands on a set.

-matt

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Those have been posted plenty of time here, but are always nice to see again. And that experimental plum set belongs to our very own member Tantal.

·
Registered
499 Posts
CDALY05 said:
There has to be a way to duplicate that green finish.
Someone here used that green tinted clear from the hobby store on a bakelite mag and it looked the same.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I'll take it, thanks! What is it about green on an AK that is like a fly on stink, or a finger on pink? That marbled, flecked green and burgundy red furniture is to die for. I'm so glad I got to see these!

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
We generally call that "darker brown" plum, but it was standard for the whole latter half of the 1980's so it's not uncommon at all. Your rifle is amazing though. Is it a deact?

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
racefiets said:
How rare is the darker brown furniture? Just added this new 1986 Izzy AK-74 to the collection. :dance:
Amazing rifle, furniture looks great. Did you ever end up picking up that Tula ak-74?

·
Registered
134 Posts
nexus/mk.7 said:
Is it a deact?
No it is not a deact.
Fiorentino said:
Did you ever end up picking up that Tula ak-74?
This rifle came from the same dealer as my tula AK-74. So yes, i did pick it up. (and testfired it... The AK-74 is an amazig rifle to fire in full auto)

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Here are a couple macro shots of green bakelite from another member here, Pavel. Note the grip and stock are noticeably different greens

1 - 20 of 26 Posts