AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally made it out to the range yesterday to test fire my Bulgy 5.45 krink built by Overland Industries and also my Arsenal SLR-105A1. I ran approximately 500 rds of Bulgarian surplus between the two of them and both performed very well.

I set an 8" steel gong target at 50 yds. and both weapons were dead nuts on steel at this distance. I fully expected the Krink to be a PIA to zero since my Yugo M92 was, however Gary at O.I. had it sighted in pretty good. I fired the krink with both muzzle devices including the conical booster that was supplied with the kit as well as the beer can style FH and I have to say that I prefer the beer can. I felt like the conical FH increased the recoil, which was slight anyway, probably due to the fact that it is a booster rather than FH? The beer can definitely seemed to project the sound downrange which I expected due to my experience with the Noveske KX3. Funny thing is that the Krink appeared to have less recoil than the AK-74.

As far as the Arsenal 105 goes...what can I say except it ran like a champ which was nice to experience seeing that this weapon was likely a refurb. Not to mention all the recent issues with the 106F series. I shoot NTCH so I would probably like a shorter stock on the SLR-105 which I will do shortly. The trigger on the 105 was really smooth with zero slap. All in all it was a great day at the range and I cannot think of much else to report so here are some pics...

With beer can FH...

With conical booster....

My buddies LWRC M6A3....

SLR-105A1...

Group pic w/ my Noveske 10.5" SBR in 5.56...

Size comparison....

Cheers

·
Registered
226 Posts
So you shoot a rifle lefty and handgun righty? :wink: Sweet guns

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. Yeah, I am right-handed and left-eye dominant due to an accident that left me with a macular hole in my (r) retina. I can still fire a handgun righty since it is at arms length however the carbines/rifles are a different story.

Cheers

·
Registered
6,473 Posts
I LIKE YOUR GUNS!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
machineguneddie said:
very nice

which FH do you like better
Thanks for the compliments guys.

As far as flash hiders/muzzle devices are concerned; I really like the beer can FH over the concial booster. The beer can is a bit heavy and aesthetically less appealing however it appears to buffer the recoil a bit better than the concial booster resulting in less muzzle rise. It also projects the concussion noise downrange rather than to the sides. Funny thing is that I had a Noveske KX3 on my first SBR, which was a Noveske 10.5 AR-15, and I removed it after the first range session as I did not see the advantages over the A2 FH? I suppose the additional felt recoil of the conical booster is attributed to the booster chamber creating additional back pressure for enhanced cycling of the SBR? Someone please correct me if i'm wrong? Regardless, recoil is moderate in comparison to my M-92 and either muzzle devices work fine.

Cheers

·
Registered
408 Posts
Nice krink buddyhoohaw! The finish on the handguards and grip is amazing.
Does the pic rail seem low enough to cowitness your iron sights if you had a aimpoint t-1 mounted?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
O.C. 4 U said:
Nice krink buddyhoohaw! The finish on the handguards and grip is amazing.
Does the pic rail seem low enough to cowitness your iron sights if you had a aimpoint t-1 mounted?
Thanks. When I had the Krink built, I sent Gary a Bulgy grip and he refinished it along with handguards in his Russian Red color. He did a nice job of preserving the checkering on the grip when he stripped the original finish.

I actually have an H-1 being delivered today so I will snap some pics tonight/tomorrow and post them along with co-witness report.

Cheers

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It was late last night when I was able to fit my H-1 therefore my pics are a little dark; I will snap some more pics shortly. First impressions indicate that the H-1 sits a little high over bore for my liking which translates into a chin-weld on the traingular side folder. I am not sure if the 103 sidefolder may be a better option? Regardless, I will test fire it hopefully in a week or so and report back. I am not sold on the application of optics on Krinks however this may change my mind?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
buddyhoohaw,

Greetings. How's the Krink doing - are you still liking the beer FH over the conical booster? Any issues with the H-1; usage or heat related?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
f2 said:
buddyhoohaw,

Greetings. How's the Krink doing - are you still liking the beer FH over the conical booster? Any issues with the H-1; usage or heat related?
f2,

The krink is great and I do still prefer the beer can fh over the conical jobby. One of my friends is getting a 5.45 krink this week so I may try a true side by side comparison of booth muzzle devices and see how they both perform. As far as the H-1 goes; I have not yet test fired it however I plan on switching it out for a Burris Fastfire type sight as the H-1 sits just a little too high for my liking. I could outfit both my M92 & Bulgy krinks with Fastfires for the price of one H-1. I'll post some pics when I get the new optic.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Thank you Sir! Got an AKS-74U kit and will order a NDS-2SF w/pistol grip plate and will send it to Troy at In Range C2.

buddyhoohaw said:
f2,

The krink is great and I do still prefer the beer can fh over the conical jobby. One of my friends is getting a 5.45 krink this week so I may try a true side by side comparison of booth muzzle devices and see how they both perform. As far as the H-1 goes; I have not yet test fired it however I plan on switching it out for a Burris Fastfire type sight as the H-1 sits just a little too high for my liking. I could outfit both my M92 & Bulgy krinks with Fastfires for the price of one H-1. I'll post some pics when I get the new optic.

Cheers

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ak4me said:
Does it actually hold zero?
I still have not fired my krink with the H-1, however it should have no problems holding zero as the hinged topcover is very sturdy when closed and the Stormwerkz rail is affixed via 3 screws properly tapped into the rail & seized with loctite.

Cheers

1 - 20 of 20 Posts