AK Rifles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago I was at my local gun shop and decided I wanted another RPK and the pap pistol in 556. Due to the over pricing I purchased the century arms RPK and the pistol from JGsales.
The RPK has great finish and nice wood and no major flaws that I could see but the bolt spring was a little dirty causing a bit of gritty cycling. I shot it today first using a 40 round steel surplus mag using wolf 122gr ammo. After about 30 rounds I had a failure to eject causing a double feed. I cleared the issue and kept shooting with no issues. The second mag was a 30 round Bulgarian using Winchester 763x39 in the white box. I shot 20 rounds flawlessly. Third mag again was bulgy 30 rounder loaded with 20 rounds of wolf 122 gr. During the 20 rounds I had another failure to eject causing another double feed.
While I was shooting the last magazine the bolt seemed to be cycling very slowly. I don't recall seeing that slow cycling while firing the Winchester ammo. Reminder I never cleaned the gun prior to shooting it and I'm not sure if that gritty spring had something to do with the failures I was having? I saved about $450 not getting it at my local shop so I'm still happy with my purchase and think the bugs will get worked out. As far as the pap pistol in 556 no issues.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also.. the bolt spring is not only gritty but seems a little week compared to the spring in my arsenal RPK.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts