AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an AKS-74U field manual in a trade and it got me wondering- were these standard issue to the troops? I don't think they were, but the manual actually spends a great deal of time focusing on tactics with the AKSU, for example -

I have seen manuals before that are for the entire AK-74 line, including RPK. I assume those were armorer's manuals... but this one I'm just not sure who it was for or if it was standard issue. Any thoughts?

And I know this is a long shot... but does anyone happen to have a translation? This thing is so damn cool, even not being able to read it. I can send a .pdf to anyone who wants one of it. Here's the cover -

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I like your 1986 set up. I did the same and found the sling, pouch and drop case. Was looking for the night sights and 1986 field manual.

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like your 1986 set up. I did the same and found the sling, pouch and drop case. Was looking for the night sights and 1986 field manual.
Thanks buddy, I saw a picture of someone who did that on here and it made me track them all down, might have been you even! Cleaning kit with tula marks was God awful hard to find. If I come across another '86 manual I'll keep ya in mind.

What are the night sights? I never heard about that.

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think they were intended for classroom study. The ones I have seen were numbered for what looks like inventory. I know on NV scopes they had manuals and vehicles would have manuals.
Interesting, thanks for the info

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I'm a little fuzzy on the whole nights sights as I've never seen them but I believe they go in the front slits on the FSB and the cut outs on the RSB... I marked it with little arrows in this photo... I can't remember who the photo belongs to... I think Stottman... My apologies if I'm wrong.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts