AK Rifles banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already know, I think, but I want to be absolutely POSITIVE. Just picked up a BRAND NEW 2005 :cool: Yugo Krink (M92?) and does it use a regular ol' AKM receiver??? All my other Yugos are bulged trunnions with (and RPK without?) top cover latches.

So.......regular? :goof:

TIA :roll:

Now I'll have a Bulgy, a Russki and a Yugo.............KOOL! Gotta make a 105 now. I wonder why I have no desire to SBR any US made rifles??? :twisted:

·
Super Moderator
9,412 Posts
Uses the regular AKM receiver.

Go with a new Armory USA, because they put the logo info underneath.

However, the cuts/slots for the selector will be in the wrong location due to the shorter selector lever. If you get a receiver with cuts, you will need to have them welded up and new ones cut.

KF

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NEW Armory? You mean like the one I've BEEN using? All the info is on the side except the name and "bullseye" logo is underneath??

And your right damn it! The selector notches............damn! DCI dosn't make one for these do they?

·
Super Moderator
9,412 Posts
Troy Sellars sez DCI is working on theirs now. Don't know if it's done yet.

The SEAK III receivers all have the logo underneath. Plus, they were special ordered with no cuts to support the shorter Yugo selector lever.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ohhhh..............interesting.

Thanks man!

·
Registered
185 Posts
i vote oow for the rec
it just fits the parts better

but if i was you i would sell that kit
and buy 1 of the older 1's they are in the same condition
just cost couple bills less

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah but the OOW receiver has that nasty big design plastered all over the left side of it. Actually A Ewbanks may be the way to go. I've had real good luck with the rifles I've built on them so far. And I only paid $500 for this 2005 kit. How much less can you get a 2003 for? I remember Bocefus being the cheapest and his were $500.......??? No??

·
Registered
185 Posts
the oow is thicker and it fits the front trunnion alot better (have built a few)
i think most of that info is coverd by the folder

last i saw the 2005's where going for 7 bills or so instead of 5

i really dislike the ewwbanks rec
its just me i guess cause alot of guys love them
but personally i think they are crap

·
Registered
337 Posts
Just bend up a flat....NO MARKINGS AT ALL! :twisted:

That's what I did on my Yugo M-92 pistol.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As a matter of fact I just got done bending up TEN flats. But I just don't think I want to throw a mint 2005 dated Yugo Krink kit that I'm going to SBR with the ATF into a homemade bent up flat............ :neutral:

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I bought mine from Tara and Lois @ Ceneterfire but right NOW I think Todd @ ORF has the best price available............$519?? :wink:

·
Registered
234 Posts
AK-Builder is supposed to have M92 specific flats available soon.
I'm waiting until those are ready before I build mine.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
OOW is spot heat treated, not up to factory specs. The DCI is is supposedly going to be the closest to original spec on the market and worth the waite.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've waited this long so I think I'll just wait for Harlan's baby. Not to mention the two .223 Yugo kits I bought that I need to wait for Harlan for. :wink:

·
Registered
961 Posts
Tomovich said:
As a matter of fact I just got done bending up TEN flats. But I just don't think I want to throw a mint 2005 dated Yugo Krink kit that I'm going to SBR with the ATF into a homemade bent up flat............ :neutral:
Why not? I have heard this before and never understood why. If you do a good job bending the receiver, it wouldn't be any less a quality build.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Morning Wood said:
Tomovich said:
Why not? I have heard this before and never understood why. If you do a good job bending the receiver, it wouldn't be any less a quality build.
Just............"because". :neutral:

That doesn't mean I won't build one or two of these things into weapons, just not a "real valuable" specimen. :smile:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts