AK Rifles banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gearing up to have a Bulgarian Krink built up (gotta buy the kit first though :smile: ) But I have a few questions.

First of all, if I buy the kit and get the receiver Nodak and want to get it built by someone other than myself (i.e. Overland Industries). What form do I fill out? I presume form 1?

Second, what's this whole thing about a living trust? I went on the ATF website andI can't find anyting about using a living trust to build a SBR. All I can find is info about how you have to get your photo taken, fingerprints taken, get a signature from your CLEO, but I read you can override all that if you set up a living trust. Can someone point me in the right direction to get that info from ATF?

Third, what info has to be engraved on the reciever? Either doing it the living trust way, or the standard way? Can initials be used?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=6&f=17

Has everything you need to know. You would send the rifle to the builder, they would start the process for you. Better off with a Form 4 if you can get a signature since some states don't honor other state's Trusts. The trust itself is easy to set up but complicated if something goes wrong. Also if you move and the state you live in has a Tax ID number for your trust and the new stated does not- then you have re-register the item.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts