AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone here who is knowledgeable about Kalashnikov rifles that are present in the Philippines? Who has them, where did they come from? The New People's Army, the Moro groups?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Well now that the new philippino president is getting chummy with china, Maybe they will be sporting ak's in the future. I thought they mainly used AR's and older US rifles. All this BS about the south china sea and who has rights to what, with the philippinos bitching the loudest and now their president is kissing china's ass. Good riddance!

sorry to side track your question just read an article about this.

·
Registered
551 Posts
It's gonna affect a lot of people in a negative way if China closes the narrow international shipping lane in the south China sea.

Now back on topic, I've seen pics of plenty of AKs being used by groups like abu saef, mnlf, milf, etc. It's a safe bet the communist rebels got support from China or Russia but I personally don't know about the islamists source of weapons.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Some years ago, on the Firing Line, we had a Filipino member asking if a "Norinco AK" was a good brand to buy. Turns out it was full auto! :D

He was encouraged to make the purchase.

Their gun laws are extremely atypical for Asia.

·
Super Moderator
13,774 Posts
COMMBLOC is knowledgable on those and I do believe he goes back and forth all the time. He has many threads here on the phillippines. PM him and see what he has to say.

·
Registered
21,882 Posts
COMMBLOC is knowledgable on those and I do believe he goes back and forth all the time. He has many threads here on the phillippines. PM him and see what he has to say.
Just don't ask about the cuisine or the nightlife because then there will be an avalanche of text and pictures. :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts