AK Rifles banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought they did not have any import marks. This Makarov is listed as military, yet in the 6th photo it says BULG on the right side of the pistol. Is this one of the commercial Russian Makarovs that was "mistakenly" imported as Bulgarian? How does one distinguish Russian military Makarovs from the rest?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =171690749

· Banned
4,281 Posts
all imported firearms will have import marks on them, they are exceptions where some came in without the import marks, but that is few and far inbetween. as the for the makarov in the auction, it's not a commercial makarov, it's a soviet military PM. the soviets gave/sold some of their makarovs to bulgaria before they went into production to make their own. when they imported makarovs from bulgaria they stamped all them bulgaria, they didn't go by arsenal stamps, but from what country it came from.

the arsenal stamp is what determines where military makarovs were made, in this case the bi-sected triangle in a circle is the ISHVESK arsenal. military makarovs will have fixed sights, blued, not nickle plated, single stack mags, year and arsenal with no factory english stampings

· Registered
640 Posts
Caligula has provided an excellent, concise answer for you, Red Rover.
I was watching the auction for the one you posted, but I found this one instead:

viewtopic.php?f=82&t=131827

I got it for less than the Buy it Now price on the auction you are referring to. But, I was lucky to be in the right place at the right time and the only other serious bidder probably forgot to check it because it was a holiday weekend :eek:

· Registered
1,969 Posts
dang,these worth that much already?
I have one,now I have to think if I want to sell it or not.
I dont know how many russian mil came in,does anyone know?
I would trade for another east german :goof:

· Banned
4,281 Posts
bovver said:

not really. human nature the way it is, if just one firearm of any type, goes up to the stupid level dollar amount, because someone has more money then sense pays that much. everybody that has one figures his is now worth that much.

· Registered
640 Posts
Caligula said:
bovver said:

not really. human nature the way it is, if just one firearm of any type, goes up to the stupid level dollar amount, because someone has more money then sense pays that much. everybody that has one figures his is now worth that much.

I really appreciate you calling me stupid (or anybody else) for paying about $590 for the pistol. I hope someday I can return the compliment to you .
Try finding a non import marked Soviet PM in the US in any kind of decent condition for less than $450 and get back to me about it.

· Registered
640 Posts
Caligula said:
Malysh said:
I really appreciate you calling me stupid (or anybody else) for paying about $590 for the pistol.

for the record, and if you re-read my post, I did not call anyone stupid.
"stupid level dollar amount, because someone has more money then sense pays that much."

I'd say you are saying anybody's stupid to pay that much. It's pretty obvious that's what you meant.

· Premium Member
2,767 Posts
From what I've figured out it seems that any Russian military Mak with the Bulgarian sneak is worth about $150 to $200 less than a Russian military Mak which may or may not have import marks. My Russian military Mak has a German import mark that doesn't show up on Google. Paid $750 for it since it had my year of birth on it.
Remember if you're going to keep it for years to come then $590 may seem abit much but 5 years when it appreciates past that whose going to have the last laugh. Just food for thought! :thumbsup:

· Registered
1,969 Posts
misc said:
From what I've figured out it seems that any Russian military Mak with the Bulgarian sneak is worth about $150 to $200 less than a Russian military Mak which may or may not have import marks. My Russian military Mak has a German import mark that doesn't show up on Google. Paid $750 for it since it had my year of birth on it.
Remember if you're going to keep it for years to come then $590 may seem abit much but 5 years when it appreciates past that whose going to have the last laugh. Just food for thought! :thumbsup:
cool.
I got it at a gunshow a few years ago because I wanted a makarov,didnt notice the russian marks until I got it home.
payed 100 for it so I dont think I did too bad.
payed 145 for a plain bulgarian....go figure.
Not into this for the money factor.
just the what I think is cool to have factor,we are not going to get rich from this hobby.

· Premium Member
2,767 Posts
You're missing the point. Some rifles and pistols are drying up and are a good investment. Obviously most of us spend money that we'll never get back but don't miss an opportunity. Now if you're not into the investment factor I'll gladly pay the original purchase price for your Russian and Bulgarian. :twisted:

· Registered
1,969 Posts
misc said:
You're missing the point. Some rifles and pistols are drying up and are a good investment. Obviously most of us spend money that we'll never get back but don't miss an opportunity. Now if you're not into the investment factor I'll gladly pay the original purchase price for your Russian and Bulgarian. :twisted:
your funny.
No...I dont miss the point,the point is for the love of these types of firearms.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.