AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, looking for another rail. I've had ULTIMAK, but their too heavy. Can I use the UTG WITHOUT the top cover, or do I need to use it?? I just need the lower.

Thanks.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found one today that is similar. Don't know about the quality, however.

I just need to to mount a light/grip, WITH the ability to house the cleaning rod, while keeping the original gas tube/upper handguard. Not too many options out there that are short, while still allowing one to keep the cleaning rod/upper intact.

Perhaps' I'll give this one a try, along with the LaRaue vertical grip, and LaRue G2 surefire mount.

Here's a PIC:

Anyone know about these? Are they cheap junk?

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nah, it's aluminum. Here are the SPEC'S.

Made of Aluminum
Picattiny (weaver style) Rails
Fits ALL AK47, AK74, and MAK-90s except Yugo and Saiga
Extreme Tight Fit Guaranteed!
Put Laser, Flashlight, and Laser
Holes on Bottom for venting

Perhap's I'll hold out for the new ULTIMAK LITE rail that's coming out. It's the compact version, but won't take the cleaning rod either. I've had some of their rails in the past. Somewhat heavy.. Here's an email that I got from ULTIMAK today as a matter of fact.

I hand-built a prototype this Spring, which I think is quite nice (and very light) and then had it anodized. As I recall it’s just shy of a quarter pound lighter than it started, or a little over 0.2 lb lighter. I think we can shave off a little more weight in the production version, but we’ll have to see what we find in the CAD stress analysis and field testing. We have to get the drafting done, and then the programming to put it into production, but yes. It’s definitely on the way, and fairly soon. I just can’t tell you when.

For starters it’s going to be offered in the “Compact” version only. The Compact is our most universal forend rail, as it fits the AMD-65 and the popular Yugo M-70 series AKs, as well as all the other, more “standard” AKs. The new ACR2 “lite” will also have side cuts in the back, so as to better clear the underfolding stocks.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
lionhart said:

Made of Aluminum
AKA - "We'll use our screw up on dimensional tolerances and poor machining practices to our advantage when we market"

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
phreakmode said:
lionhart said:

Made of Aluminum
AKA - "We'll use our screw up on dimensional tolerances and poor machining practices to our advantage when we market"
I was thinking the same thing. "extreme tight fit guaranteed" translates as your gonna have a hell of a time making this fit.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL, more than likely.

I'll hold off for the ULTIMAK lite version rail.....

Perhaps I'll even try the Krebs vertical foregrip mount on that LaRue grip too... I'm not real sure on that angle though. I would think my hand would get a little fatigued, but I could be wrong. Haven't read anything about them yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts