AK Rifles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do they offer their new mags at $29.99, when I can buy the Circle 10 waffle mags from Copes for $21 and then a 6 pack of floorplates and 6 pack of followers from K-Var and have it cost me $25 per mag? Plus, in that case, I'd have the original baseplate and follower to save as spares for other mags. Also, for some reason, it is cheaper to buy a 6 pack of floorplates and a 6 pack of followers separately (in the same order, just ad them separately) then it is to buy them in a pack together.

Another odd thing... K-Var is supposedly the sole importer of those Bulgarian waffle mags, but their prices are $3 more than two other (J&G and Copes) distributors. Do they import them separately or does K-Var sell to them?

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Re: Question on K-Vars totally awesome mega new super mags..

Q-gunner2 said:
Why do they offer their new mags at $29.99, when I can buy the Circle 10 waffle mags from Copes for $21 and then a 6 pack of floorplates and 6 pack of followers from K-Var and have it cost me $25 per mag? Plus, in that case, I'd have the original baseplate and follower to save as spares for other mags. Also, for some reason, it is cheaper to buy a 6 pack of floorplates and a 6 pack of followers separately (in the same order, just ad them separately) then it is to buy them in a pack together.

Another odd thing... K-Var is supposedly the sole importer of those Bulgarian waffle mags, but their prices are $3 more than two other (J&G and Copes) distributors. Do they import them separately or does K-Var sell to them?
Don't know if this true or not..but I heard K-VAR sells to those "other" guys.. The "other" guys buy in bulk so maybe K-VAR can sell prodcuts to them at a discounted price and the "other" vendors can pass the savings on to us...

·
Super Moderator
10,310 Posts
Re: Question on K-Vars totally awesome mega new super mags..

Q-gunner2 said:

K-VAR sells to them under a dealers network. A lot of companies do this and another example would be TAPCO.

K-VAR can move a lot more product with a dealers network they sell wholesale to. To give incentive to the dealers, K-VAR sells at a slightly higher retail to not undercut their dealers network.

K-VAR has quite a high mark up anyways, even with selling at wholesale to their dealers, they still make quite a bit of coin.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
K-var will also price match any advertised price on their products due to the fact that they are the sole importer. They just keep their prices high so other dealers can match them.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I bought my last K-VAR mags from Copes..saved on the price of mags, shipping, and sales tax to boot!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts