AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the risk of sounding stupid, what the heck does PAP stand for in the current model Yugo imports?:confused:

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Poluautomatska puška (PAP) = "Semi-Auto Gun" in Serbo-Croatian
Actually a literal translation would be half automatic rifle or semi-automatic rifle.
Thanks for the info on what the heck that abbreviation was. Now I don't feel so ignant.

·
Registered
1 Posts
PAP

Polu A
utomatska Puška ... (Semi Automatic Rifle)

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
It would be nice if they would import an underfolder. I know the stock would need to be fixed/welded open, but it would probably be easy to modify back to underfolder once imported. Like the 5.56 RPK's that I.O. is bringing in.

Nathan

·
Registered
6,627 Posts
It'd be nice if they would import the M21. They're bringing in the 7.62x39 and 7.62x51 rifles. The 5.56x45 M21 has got to be next on the list.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
It'd be nice if they would import the M21. They're bringing in the 7.62x39 and 7.62x51 rifles. The 5.56x45 M21 has got to be next on the list.
There you go, something we have not seen yet. Or even better yet, an M91.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
152 Posts
PAP is ( Polu Automatska Puska) semi automatic rifle also SKS is official named PAP 59/61 or PAP 59 and M 76 is PASP ( Polu automatska Snajperska Puska) Semi Automatic Sniper Rifle
Zastava AK is officially named AP M-70 AP is Automatska Puska /Automatic Rifle . So somebody decided to make distinction between AK M70 ( Automatic Rifle ) and ( Semi Automatic Rife) PAP M70

·
Technical Advisor
16,054 Posts
Isn't the m91 the one they won't sell with out the safety sear aka third pin hole?
Most DMR type rifles have to be newly receivered before they can be USA imported as they have the safety sear axis pin hole. PSL, M76, M77 etc. M91 is the same.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Most DMR type rifles have to be newly receivered before they can be USA imported as they have the safety sear axis pin hole. PSL, M76, M77 etc. M91 is the same.
I believe he was referring to the rumor that Zastava refused to market M76s and M91s in the USA without the third pin hole, because they would not accept liability for the consequences of an out of battery ignition on the larger caliber rifles; I had also heard that this policy was adopted when the company was restructed (privatization around 2005) and thus did not prevent the earlier sales of the 8mm M76s that Mitchell's imported. Whether or not the story is true, I dont know.. but I think this is what the OP was referring to.

·
Technical Advisor
16,054 Posts
I believe he was referring to the rumor that Zastava refused to market M76s and M91s in the USA without the third pin hole, because they would not accept liability for the consequences of an out of battery ignition on the larger caliber rifles; I had also heard that this policy was adopted when the company was restructed (privatization around 2005) and thus did not prevent the earlier sales of the 8mm M76s that Mitchell's imported. Whether or not the story is true, I dont know.. but I think this is what the OP was referring to.
OK., I guess I never heard that rumor. Does not seem to have been an issue for the PSL or ROMARM or Century as far as liability. Dunno.?
As far as third axis safety sear liability., the M77 (.308) two axis pin rifle is imported right now without issue so I'm not sure if that old rumor was valid. Dunno? just some thoughts?

But the M76 was not imported., except as kits.., but then perhaps more likely that producing new "milled" receivers was something that Zastava no longer engaged in at the time so no two axis receivers were available., today., at least in their catalogs etc., all are stamped receiver firearms.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts