AK Rifles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone confirm that this is a NORINCO mark for me?

I have some documentation (translated poorly) that says it might be a Xinshidai Enterprises mark.

Thanks
S/F
Nick

·
Registered
8,007 Posts
Nick, I'm researching that for you as we speak but it certainly would stand to reason it was built by Norinco. It has the same number format found on the housing of the "Type 69" (Chinese RPG-7) Norinco-built optics:

(excuse my poor photo - it's an old one)

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
State-owned Factories/Arsenals in China aren't always associated with Norinco. The factory builds the product, Norinco markets the product.

·
Registered
8,007 Posts
We use the term "built by Norinco" loosely as it signifies one of many different factories the item was built in and distributed through for indigenious military use or military/commercial export. As with most things Chinese military, it's extremely difficult to pinpoint anything.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ray,

I should of guessed you would know my pic was from one of my RS3Bs. (I have an RS3A and an RS3 with the exact same mark.)

My poorly translated docs are from 1971 and speak to Xinshidai factory markings found on the RS3's predecessor; something called the "Type 70 Offset Aiming Device for Type 69 40mm Launcher". Unfortunately, I cannot find any reference to this "Type 70 sight" anywhere else.

A buddy of mine is visiting China again next month for a QBZ-97B "conference" and I was hoping to have him track a few things down with our infantry school counter parts.

Thanks
Nick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts