AK Rifles banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is it that any discussions mentioning anything remotely political are shut down? I have noticed that there are no exceptions, regardless of whether the viewpoint is near unanimous among The Forum members. I understand that political discussions bring emotions and strong opinions out of people, and that for the sake of "peace and tranquility" most need to be avoided. On the other hand, our very HOBBY is political. We talk about the most political weapon on the planet. The AK has received more political attention than all the other weapons, combined. Don't get me wrong, I understand there are always people who don't know how to keep discussions tactful (I saw the recent 2 week banning), but does that mean we ALL can't be trusted? No disrespect intended, I just wanted to know.

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
The reason is simple, no matter which side you are on, at some point the pushing gets worse ,and someone flies off the hinge....we are hear to talk about the Kalashnikov. Same thing goes for Religion.....

·
Registered
943 Posts
I think (I could be way off) that it has something to do with outward appearances. AK enthusiasts probably aren't the only people that view these threads, if you get my drift. Too much political talk would expose most folks for the "wingnuts" that they actually are and make us all look bad. I for one am for curbing the stereotype that gun nuts like myself have to be inbred rednecks who can barely read. I can say that, Im from Georgia! :mrgreen:

Plus, it inevitably leads to bashing of the current administration, and who isnt tired of hearing that same old garbage?

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Our Membership is made up of People from all over the World, not just the US. As innocently as a political thread starts, they all turn to shit in short order.......................we've all seen it a hundred times in the past.

This is an AK board,...............yes, we do discuss other things..........but not politics or religion :wink:

Thats just the way it is here.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm not a mod but my 2cents are most of the arguments I've seen online are about politics,religion,race,etc besides do you want to run through a 15+ post about who's better a asshole? or a dumb-ass? :grin: if i want to do that I'll go over to ar 15's GD . :lol:

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JOHNO said:
Our Membership is made up of People from all over the World, not just the US. As innocently as a ploitical thread starts, they all turn to shit in short order.......................we've all seen it a hundred times in the past.

This is an AK board,...............yes, we do discuss other things..........but not politics or religion :wink:

Thats just the way it is here.
fair enough. what does IBTL mean?

·
Registered
14,916 Posts
I think the question's been answered.

IBTL is a "cute" way for people to put their nose in a thread that they know will be locked.

Personally, I think it get's really old.

In Before The Lock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.