AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rob,
The following is one of your pictures.

Do you know wht date it is? I could not tell.

jithaca

·
Registered
4,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Rob,

So were the arsenal marks on the trunnions molded in and the date and s/n added at build (Russian method)?

I am still trying to determine if a set of mid production handguards (deep finger groves with no vent slots) would be correct for a 1986 dated, 500,000 range s/n, punch welded fittings, Tula Krinkov. Ted M. indicated that he would be ready to build my rifle in the late spring or early summer. I plan to photo all of the parts and send them off within the next week or two.

I have two Tula folder stocks, the one that came with my demill (93 dated) and another that has only slightly rolled edges, compared to the 93. Any guess as to with one would be the best choice for a correct 86 dated rifle?

·
Registered
10,205 Posts
Yes, molded in and the rest added later.

As for what would be correct for a 1986 rifle, I dont know.. Have not been able to find any from the mid 80s... All the ones I find are either 1983-84, or 1989, 90-91..

My vote would be to find photos of one rifle, and then simply copy it...Trying to justify your parts choices later in your own mind never really works.

·
Registered
4,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rob,
Does the Frt Sight/ Gas Block on your 83 dated Tula Krinkov have a mold number? I have a FSB/GB that has "2" for a mold number, it was importrd back in the early 90's. It was advetised as Bulgarian, but I suspect it is Russian. Also do you know if it is possible to differentiate early Izmash Krinkov parts for Tula. The folder stock that was being offered at the same time as the GSB is an Ismash made item?
jihaca

·
Registered
4,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Stottman said:
No mold number at all..

Russian vs. Bulgarian parts are easy to tell apart if you know what to look for..
Is there any way to tell a Tula from a Izhevsk FSB/GB?

·
Registered
4,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am sure your right. I had noticed that the FSB on the on the one in question has a mold seam line and a low mold number. I just looked at pictures of a friends Krinkov built from one of the early Bulgarian demilled rifles and it also has the same early mold number and mold seam line. The late Tula's (93 - punch weld style) do not have the seam line and the mold number is higher.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts