AK Rifles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have two rifles lined up to sell, out of state... of course all are going to FFL's, but i have one ffl asking for a copy of my license even before he will fax his paper work to me. i do NOT like that. i dont want to give him a copy of my license for any reason, much less just to obtain paper work. i am also concerned that he may run a background check on me, which is NONE of his business as i am not purchasing a gun.

my question is, is it a LAW for him to require this? i dont want to make this hard on the seller, but i am not going to just "fall in line" and comply with todays identity fraud getting out of hand. i have already blacked out my picture, and if i do send, i am wondering what else i should black out. i get very paranoid when letting someone get a copy of my license. i hate it when dealers do it when i buy a gun. drives me up the wall. never know what they can do with it, or if they get robbed, etc.

who knows the LAW(not opinions!)

·
Registered
736 Posts
I don't see a problem with a FFL wanting to verify the information he is required to enter in his bound book.

He is a FFL not a felon.

·
Registered
446 Posts
i would just send it to him. if your state has your ss# on the licence then i would black that out. if somebody gets a hold of your ss# it could be very bad. federal law says you do not have to give him your ss#.

·
Banned
1,611 Posts
Barrelburner said:
He is a FFL not a felon.
....but how is the OP supposed to know that the guy isn't 'selling out the back door' ?

It has been known to happen.

To the OP, I don't like it, either.

I black out my DL number when I send copies of my DL to FFLs. All they need is your name and address ( which they should be able to get off the box, imho ).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts