AK Rifles banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The K-50M was a Vietnamese version of the PPSH-41/Type 50 which had no wood stock, but instead a separate pistol grip and a sliding wire stock similar to the MAT-49 and M3 grease gun. Does anyone know how they were made? Did the Vietnamese take existing PPSHs/Type 50s and convert them to the configuration, or did they manufacture fresh guns?

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
ive handled several parts kits the 3 that popped up ive seen over the years and also got to handle but not fire several bringbacks. all were made from Chinese k-50 ppsh smgs and retained the old chicom serial number below the front trunnion top rectangular rivet just 1 inch or 2 below the new shorter Vietnamese rebuild serial number. 1 had a black thick buffer in back that appeared to be homemade from an old military boot heal.

if you need any additional rare smg kit info just ask. I started very early as a young kid collecting everything and dealt in rare parts kits for about 20 years or since 1991 thereabouts. rare smg stuff always captured my attention.

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
the buttstock I think it was interchangeable with Belgian vigneron or fbp48 whichever it was when I did some checking. that was long ago so its easy to forget since I just checked if it would work out of curiosity.

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
oh! forgot to mention I have a grip and other spares shoot me a list if you need stuff. I think im the only guy in country that has spare parts for em sitting around not in use but its not much. grip bolt recoil sling stuff like that.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the buttstock I think it was interchangeable with Belgian vigneron or fbp48 whichever it was when I did some checking. that was long ago so its easy to forget since I just checked if it would work out of curiosity.
I think that the took the buttstock from the MAT-49, it's something that they certainly would have in stockpiles.

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
I think that the took the buttstock from the MAT-49, it's something that they certainly would have in stockpiles.
so true. the Belgian vig and mat-49 and k50m are the same spacing and size and fit. interchangeable I think it was.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts