AK Rifles banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The VZ-58's trigger assembly is a bit of a mystery to me considering my only experience is with hammer fired rifles. I am having some issues with my VZ, assuming it stems from the bolt carrier, but it could also be the trigger. The rifle is not firing more than one shot before the hammer tube binds up in the carrier.

So here is my question: The sear holds the hammer tube to the rear when the rifle is cocked. The sear has two steps on it, on my rfle each step is capable of holding the hammer tube to the rear. Is the hammer tube supposed to hang up on both these steps/ or is only the forward-most step the correct position for a cocked hammer tube to be held at?

it looks like when my hammer tube hangs up on the rear-most step of the sear, it is causing problems. the hammer tube is binding up in the carrier as a result, and the carrier is not fully forward (about .2" off from fully closed) until the hammer tube clears that rearmost step of the sear.

· Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, I guess the problem is in my trigger group. Thanks for being such an awesome resource for VZ-58 owners, it is very much appreciated!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.