AK Rifles banner

Question about the Bulgarian 4-piece FH on 5.45 Krinks

3K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  Jagman 
#1 ·
I am trying to find a 4-piece Bulgarian FH for a Bulgarian Krink build. I bought one of the recently advertized 7.62 and 5.45 versions (uses an adapter for 7.62), which does not screw down all the way on my 5.45 guns. I am assuming that the original version of this FH was made for 5.45 only, is that correct? Can someone with a real 4-piece FH on a 5.45 Krink post a few detailed pics?

Thanks,
James

#2 ·
Re: Question about the Bullgarian 4-piece FH on 5.45 Krinks

original would have been made for 5.56 or 7.62. Bulgaria is part of nato and no longer chambers their rifles to 5.45 domestically. Arsenal los vegas is another story though. i only have the unknown country made one and the US counterfeit made one by Noveske(no it's not the airsoft model).

#3 ·

jcook119 said:
I am trying to find a 4-piece Bulgarian FH for a Bulgarian Krink build. I bought one of the recently advertized 7.62 and 5.45 versions (uses an adapter for 7.62), which does not screw down all the way on my 5.45 guns. I am assuming that the original version of this FH was made for 5.45 only, is that correct? Can someone with a real 4-piece FH on a 5.45 Krink post a few detailed pics?

Thanks,
James
The only Bulgy 4-peice FH I have seen (or heard of) are big enough for a 7.62 and are 24mm x1.5 threads.

#4 ·

Im pretty sure they only make one. and like fike said it is 7.62 so you can use it on all three calibers

#5 ·
Updated with pics

Here are two pics of how the FH fits on my 5.45s. The top one is on an Arsenal SLR-105. The bottom one is on a Bulgarian Krinkov barrel. Note that the FH does not screw down all the way, you can see threads and the fact that the locking pin is not even close to the slot. Factory flash hiders (zig-zag and Krinkov cone FH respectively) fit properly on them, but the 4-piece does not. Is this how the 4-piece fits on all 24 x 1.5 threads? If so, I guess I will stick to the cone FH.

Thanks,
James

#6 ·
The 4 piece you're showing is probably not an original bulgy...it's probably a chinese knock-off...the finish, which is blued or even kind of anodized, gives them away...the original bulgies had a painted finish...some members here have had problems getting the knock-offs to thread all the way down due to the threads not being cut cleanly or maybe precisely enough..your problem could be related to this...both of my 4 piece flash hiders are bulgy and they have no problem threading all the way down on my 7.62 and 5.56 krinks...my 5.45 is at the builders right now and I never thought to try a 4 piece on it...you might try chasing the threads and see if that helps

#7 ·
jcook119 said:

Thanks,
James
Call them and tell them you want to return it for the reasons you described and want a replacement with the stipulation that if it does'nt fit properly you will expect a full refund. Don't take no for an answer .

#11 ·
The thread cutter was probably worn and didn't make deep enough cuts when it made the threads on the flash hider.
I got lucky and own 2 of the 4 piece flash hiders.
This!

I've bought eight of the bulgy 4-piece takeoffs from Apex and other places. Four of them worked great and threaded down properly, two worked after i used a 14/1 adaptor ran in and out of the FH to help clean and chase the threads. The two worst ones I used on my M92s as the threads had to be removed and replaced with Yugo thread patterns.

I believe all of the flash hiders would have worked just fine by merely chasing the threads. Chase the threads, slap em on, they work great and won't break the bank. :beer:

#12 ·
I don't know if the knock offs are different, but the real ones make the rifle balance nice (they are heavy suckers) and the recoil feels more like a 5.45X39 then a 7.62. I'am really impressed with these. I need to try it at night, and check out the muzzle flash.

CAB

#13 ·
#15 ·
You better call DSA because I think those are out of stock, with no information on when they'll be back in stock. I had an order in for a while waiting, not knowing they let you order it even if it's not in stock. If you do happen to get one from them, let us know how it is! Hope that helps you out.

#17 ·
Had the same problem with mine, just filed the starting threads on the booster at an angle and now it threads all the way on.

Hopefully you can see in this picture what I mean..

Justin

#18 ·
DSA is backordered; they were un-able to tell me how long. I did find another at Tick Bit Supply (http://tickbitesupply.com/ak.html) and ordered /received it. It is different from the one I got from JOEKEN (the Tick Bite has a better fit and finish (although the JOEKEN was not bad)) and is advertized as Buglarian Surplus. It is not painted and I do not have a known real deal to compare so I can not tell for sure. It does thread all the way down (as did the JOEKEN) and I will use it unless the DSA one shows up. Only a few left at Tice Bite though. I will post an update on the DSA one when/if it comes in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.