AK Rifles banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
6,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my SLG-31 and everything es excellent on it. Only thing I noticed was that the pin/rivet that holds in the muzzle brake detent pin is not stamped as completely as other AK's I've owned. I can push it back and fourth a bit by hand, but it does not fall out. Is this common or something I should fix. I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard once I find the right tool, and seems silly to send back to Arsenal over something that is functional as is. Any suggestions?

CMS

· Super Moderator
10,195 Posts
Re: Question about pin/rivet on FSB holding the brake detent

My SLG-21 has the same issue. What I have researched is that it is a common quality control problem with Arsenal Inc. More of a nuisance as it will not come out anytime soon as is. The cross rivet is pretty soft and any flat surface for the head side and a flared end tool of some type can tighten it up some more.

· Registered
3,582 Posts
Re: Question about pin/rivet on FSB holding the brake detent

Actually it is Quality problem with Izhmash, as amazing as it this sounds, the SGL21 and SGL31 (but NOT the SGL20) came in to this country with the FSB already installed.. as I understand from a person connected with Arsenal, they come in with the front end completely done, with something covering the threads on the FSB ...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.